PDA

View Full Version : Tires (Sigh) AGAIN...

Just Plain Jeff
12-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry to stir the pot again on tires, but got some perspective today.

Got the Ford Explorer toad and needed tires. Got a quote from Sears for new Michelins at $185 each. Makes the Michelin bus tire at $700 look like a pretty good buy. Guess they don't sell them by the pound?

Hmmmm.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Nothing could make 700 for a tire look like a good buy.

Jerry Winchester
12-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Is it still a toad if there is nothing to toad it with?

win42
01-01-2008, 01:42 PM
:cool:Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated. Ponder this when storing or treating your tires to longevity.

mikedee
01-02-2008, 12:47 AM
I put some Bridgestone Revo's on my Hummer and think they are great. About 160.00 Ea. very quiet.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I was doing some research on tires, for any future bus I might have, and came upon this bit of information.

I thought it warranted a post for everyone here. :eek:

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tirebasics/rvcareanduse.asp#

Tire Replacement Advisory (March 14, 2006)

Country Coach (“CCI”) and National RV (“NRV”) motor homes.

Background:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Office of efects Investigation (ODI), is currently conducting an investigation of certain models of CCI Intrigue and Allure motor homes that were subject to prior recall campaigns.
Originally opened as a Recall Query (RQ05-001) on January 13, 2005, the NHTSA elevated this investigation to an engineering analysis (EA) on July 14, 2005 (EA05011). In recent years a number of NRVH model motor homes have
experienced front tire failures. The purpose of the NHTSA investigation is to determine if prior CCI recall campaigns were adequate or effective in correcting the problems that caused these front tire failures, and whether a safety defect currently exists as to affected CCI model motor homes.
Prior CCI recall and internal service bulletin campaigns that are currently under NHTSA review include: