PDA

View Full Version : High Performance Exhaust?

BrianE
12-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Did a search of the site with no joy. Anyone done research as to whether an advanced exhaust/muffler system is available? It's about time for a muffler replacement for me and a low back-pressure system would be of interest. Thanks.

Orren Zook
12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Did a search of the site with no joy. Anyone done research as to whether an advanced exhaust/muffler system is available? It's about time for a muffler replacement for me and a low back-pressure system would be of interest. Thanks.

Send me your muffler dimensions, inlet & outlet size, their location on the muffler body and your decibel requirements and I'll get you a quote after the holidays.

dalej
12-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Brian, I have glass pack type with 5 inch in and out, centered. 12 inch dia. 18 inch long with custom tail, four 3 inch outlets with roadmaster stainless steel tips 3.5 inch OD.

Head on out and we'll hang a new one! :)

Joe Cannarozzi
12-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I would be really suprised if there were any noticable differance in preformance??????????

Orren Zook
12-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I would be really suprised if there were any noticable differance in preformance??????????

I agree with you on this Joe, I removed a newer muffler/cat from my American Eagle (Cummins powered) a few years ago and replaced it with a standard configuration muffler @ 89 dBA. There was no noticible fuel mileage or performance increase, just a little noisier with the PAC brake on the hills. The price for the new cat/muffler combos on the newer trucks run around $1200 vs $70-90 for a standard type 5" muffler - in the areas where annual emission checks are mandatory this is not an option but what the heck if you have a Prevost, it's only money, right?

garyde
12-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I had a Monaco Pusher a few years back with a Cummins diesel 330HP. I went to BANKS in LA and had an exhaust system, Turbo air scoop, & Black Box installed. It increased Low end torque by about 20 percent. It really helped when towing, passing and taking the hills. i doubt if they make anything for the Detroit .