PDA

View Full Version : What can I say....

garyde
12-26-2007, 08:43 PM
365 days have passed and I feel obliged to say 'thanks' Thanks to all of you who make this POG Forum what it is today and every day. Thank you Skiff for great Rally's and constant support.
A big shout out to Jon, Jerry, Mango Tom , Joe, Jim, Dale and all of you who have created a wonderful forum.
Warren Buffet has said ' you should learn something new every day or you are missing something'. No doubt about that here!
I greatly enjoy being a part of this group.
Happy New Year!

truk4u
12-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Me to Gary, you have contributed to this nut house almost daily, keep em coming...;)

Geez, I got to spend more time working, this is post #999!:eek:

tdelorme
12-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I think it's great that you folks who have owned a Prevost for a number of years still benefit from and enjoy the forum. As a new bus owner my perspective is just a little different. When we contracted MPD last summer, I started looking at the available forums that were Prevost related. I ran into Jim Scoggins on one forum and he headed me over here. After a brief perusal of the POG site, I anted up and joined the forum. I'm not completely sure why this group works so well. I think there is just a huge cross section of people and personalities with the common attraction to the Prevost Bus. But, it's more than that. Why am I comfortable poking fun at another member who I have never met in person? What makes it OK for me to email Jon with one of my stupid questions when he owes me nothing? How can a group like this exist without a formal organization and a number of committees? Like I said, I'm not sure why it works. What I do know is that the members of this forum have educated and amused me more than I would have believed possible and I am truly blessed to have you all as friends. We are looking forward to saying thanks in person at the Spring rally in Tenn.
Best hundred bucks I ever spent, no question about it.

MangoMike
12-26-2007, 10:06 PM
You mean the dues are up again?

;)

Jerry Winchester
12-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Mike,

I think Mel Torme is due a harpooning. Is it your turn or mine?

Just Plain Jeff
12-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I think it's great that you folks who have owned a Prevost for a number of years still benefit from and enjoy the forum. As a new bus owner my perspective is just a little different. When we contracted MPD last summer, I started looking at the available forums that were Prevost related. I ran into Jim Scoggins on one forum and he headed me over here. After a brief perusal of the POG site, I anted up and joined the forum. I'm not completely sure why this group works so well. I think there is just a huge cross section of people and personalities with the common attraction to the Prevost Bus. But, it's more than that. Why am I comfortable poking fun at another member who I have never met in person? What makes it OK for me to email Jon with one of my stupid questions when he owes me nothing? How can a group like this exist without a formal organization and a number of committees? Like I said, I'm not sure why it works. What I do know is that the members of this forum have educated and amused me more than I would have believed possible and I am truly blessed to have you all as friends. We are looking forward to saying thanks in person at the Spring rally in Tenn.
Best hundred bucks I ever spent, no question about it.

Geez, what some guys will do to try to get an SDR. Very, very sad for a guy to have to bring himself to this level.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Rule #1, ignore JPJ. He doesn't have a bus.

Rule #2, Don't believe everything your read here. Sometimes we make things up because we are bored.

Rule #3, Don't question or wonder about why this forum works. It just does and it is because of everybody, not just a few.

Until the internet and the Prevost specific sites come into being we owners had no one to turn to for help except the converters and Prevost. They were and still are excellent resources, but if they are located hundreds of miles away sometimes as owners we are forced to deal with problems ourselves. Getting advice, learning from other's experiences, thinking through problems, and good natured ball breaking is what makes this whole POG thing work. Along the way Di and I have met a lot of great people and made friends we otherwise would never have had the opportunity to even meet.

The $100 we spend for membership is one of the best things we spend money on.

Newer owners and members should dive right into the conversations. It is our only way to get to know you, to share ideas, and to have fresh meat to slaughter.

Just Plain Jeff
12-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Rule #1, ignore JPJ. He doesn't have a bus.

Hmmm.

Poor Jon already forgot about Branson. Must be problems with D' Bubble Machine again.

Hate it when that happens.

Never say never.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-27-2007, 07:50 AM
OK folks....refer back to my rule #1.

Ever since JPJ was taken off life support he has become delusional. He thinks when he drives someone else's bus that it it his. Sad...so sad.

But hey. It is the diversity of this crown, JPJ included that makes it work.

Just Plain Jeff
12-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Jon's just grouchy in the morning.

He is trying to keep his old camper on the road. He hasn't figured out yet that it bothers the neighbors when he cooks s'mores at the campground on his grill that it bothers the neighbors.

Back in the day when he travelled with Edison, Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone they had a big caravan that did all the cooking.

Oh well.