PDA

View Full Version : What Is It?

tdelorme
12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I had owned motorhomes for 25 years before I got one of these. It's mounted on the left side of the driver's seat. If you have one, you know what it is. If you don't have one, what does it look like it's for. I will admit I didn't have a clue and had to ask.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/Horn.jpg

Just Plain Jeff
12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll ask before Fast Roger.

What's the prize if I win?

wrongagain
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM
looks like a train whistle ??????????????

tdelorme
12-19-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll ask before Fast Roger.

What's the prize if I win?

My gosh, here it is almost Christmas and you all are wanting a prize for a simple guess. Santa not looking so good, huh. Why am I not surprised. OK, how about the first correct guesser gets to play with this deal at the Tenn rally. Or, how about an autographed picture of Mango posing in the thong he's going to wear while driving down to Fl. next month. (wasn't that in a post last week?) Better yet, you get to use the cardboard templates Jon used to make the new bus stands for your next oil change. Oh yea, we got prizes so get to guessing.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-19-2007, 10:13 PM
How many guesses do we get?

Air Horn.
Dump ______ on the go.
Like the LA kids have to make their car jump up and down ( actuator valve).
Open and close the door.

Joe Cannarozzi
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Take another picture further back please.

A picture of the ceiling of the steering compartment too.

I think it might be a herzamasquer, but I'm not sure.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I agree with Ed, I am almost positive it is an Air Operated Train Whistle. :p

Gary S

rickdesilva
12-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Beer Tap.....

tdelorme
12-20-2007, 06:26 AM
That was just to easy. While I wish Rick had the right answer, it's Ed who comes up big.
Train Whistle it is. And a loud one at that. I would have never spent the bucks for one of these, but its a fun deal for sure.
Another source for the leans as well.
Prizes? :rolleyes:

Jon Wehrenberg
12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
I hope you are parked when you opt to exercise that train whistle. Judging by the size of pipe you will take you aux air system pressure from maximum to zero with one or two toots.

Pray the installer knew the difference between the aux air and the braking system air.

shookie
12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
i believe it is either:
1. an removable tuning fork for those road shows...this model has the auto-pitch option (handle) in an effort to achieve perfect tone

or

2. a portable throat blessing device for St. Blaise day...a very handy device if you are a traveling catholic

or

3. a substancial dual marshmellow roating rod designed for very, very large marshmellows and very, very large fires...note, the handle adjucts for those hard to reach angled roasting situations...you can actually sit with your left or right shoulder facing the fire and still roast your marshmellow

CHEERS

tdelorme
12-20-2007, 04:55 PM
I hope you are parked when you opt to exercise that train whistle. Judging by the size of pipe you will take you aux air system pressure from maximum to zero with one or two toots.

Pray the installer knew the difference between the aux air and the braking system air.

To heck with being parked, Jon. If I blow the whistle long enough to loose air pressure for the brakes, well at least they'll know I'm a coming:)

wrongagain
12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I have train whistle in mine , but I dont have all the fancy gear, just a simple pull knob.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-20-2007, 08:13 PM
You will still have brakes Ted, but your belts will be loose, your seat will sink, and your floor won't slide.

Just Plain Jeff
12-20-2007, 08:31 PM
And if you have a Microphor flush, it won't.

We'll let other folks write about that part.

tdelorme
12-20-2007, 09:01 PM
And if you have a Microphor flush, it won't.

We'll let other folks write about that part.

Just wondering, Jeff. Was the Microphor flush thought the first thing that came to mind? There is help available if these crappy thoughts persist. I'm only trying to help out here.

Jon, the train whistle just runs through the auxiliary compressor. I went out and played with it this evening and never got either air guage to bump.

Ray Davis
12-20-2007, 09:45 PM
I went out and played with it this evening and never got either air guage to bump.

Although I'm pretty sure that Jon is kidding (somewhat), I just wanted to make sure whether or not you actually have an auxilliary air gauge? My older coach ('93) had two air guages primary and secondary for the brake system, but did not have an aux air gauge. My newer coach has 3 guages.

I've talked to others in the past who have mistaken the secondary guage for an aux guage.

Ray

tdelorme
12-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks, Ray. No, I have no gauge for the aux. air. I was watching the gauges for the front and rear main air supply. Blowing the whistle got no movement from either of these gauges.

Just Plain Jeff
12-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Wrote Microphor because there is some other guy's Bird sitting under my RV port and it is getting emails (with pictures) from a former Plastic Man to fix its dealie to work.

Got a Swiss Army knife and a lot of motivation (increasing by the moment) to make the Microphor work but that doesn't get it done now, does it?

Jon Wehrenberg
12-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I am completely serious. The gauges you see are the brake system gauges. You can pull the aux air down to zero and the air in the brake system will not flow into the aux system.

But your aux system is used for a variety of purposes which may include your belt tensioners on the engine, your generator air bags, sliding floor, windshield wipers on older coaches, and Jeff's toilet.

tdelorme
12-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I got it, Jon. I will be very judicious when using the whistle.

Not sure about the toilet deal. Are you saying that if Jeff is on the toilet and I blow the whistle he will be sucked in or lifted up? :eek:

Jon Wehrenberg
12-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Ted,

I ain't touching that question. This is a family web site and any response would fall under the heading of too much information.

Just Plain Jeff
12-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Ted,

I ain't touching that question. This is a family web site and any response would fall under the heading of too much information.

It's too late. We're already THERE.

lewpopp
12-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Mr. JPJ,

Are you really having rouble with the Microphor in the BB. I did some work on mine a couple years ago and all is fine. I have a short video that Microphor put out. It may help. Can you hold it long enough til you get here? Just hope the whistle doesn't blow.

Larry W
12-22-2007, 12:29 AM
We have a train whistle that is plumbed just like the picture. The pipes do look large ut we never open the valve all the way when we use the whistle. We don't use it often and mostly when the engine is running. Blowing a short burst or two will not use over 5 pounds of the aux air.
The whistle can be fun.
Merry Christmas to all