PDA

View Full Version : Big Contest Deal

Just Plain Jeff
12-18-2007, 07:13 AM
During the winter months when the opportunities arise, this erstwhile nosy photographer sleuths around the backsides and loading docks of the converters and Prevost facilities to see what is really going on.

Here's a picture of a brand new conversion to be delivered in the next couple of days.

There are TWO things that are very different about this coach, one very significant and the other of interest.

The Eagle Eye Award (to be determined) goes to the first person who can state:

1. Where it was shot.
2. What conversion it is.
3. What the significant thing is in the picture.
4. The 'interesting' thing in the picture.

I have looked very carefully at the image and all the information you need to find these things is in the picture.

Good luck!

truk4u
12-18-2007, 07:58 AM
1. Clearwater, FL
2. Parliament
3. 40'
4. Side view camera

rmboies
12-18-2007, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=
There are TWO things that are very different about this coach, one very significant and the other of interest.

1.Florida
2.Parliament
3.lower stainless panel looks like the stainless lines have a roping design
4.side camera

Loc
12-18-2007, 08:58 AM
1. Picture was taken outside (in the parking lot of Parliament's facility in Clearwater, Florida)
2. Parliament Conversion
3. 40 foot conversion by Parliament - first one done in XLII body style
4. No intercom camera and side view camera on the front door

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
During the winter months when the opportunities arise, this erstwhile nosy photographer sleuths around the backsides and loading docks of the converters and Prevost facilities to see what is really going on.

Here's a picture of a brand new conversion to be delivered in the next couple of days.

The Eagle Eye Award (to be determined) goes to the first person who can state:

1. Where it was shot.
2. What conversion it is.
3. What the significant thing is in the picture.
4. The 'interesting' thing in the picture.

I have looked very carefully at the image and all the information you need to find these things is in the picture.

Good luck!

1. Clearwater Fl.
2. Parliament
3. No keypad entry
4. something about the bedroom window

rfoster
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
JPJ: So what do you win in this contest? The Coach?

MangoMike
12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Is it the awning? One piece for the whole side of the coach.

-----

Obviously Fast Roger isn't going to spend anytime analyzing the pix unless it's a big payoff. ;)

mm

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Is it the awning? One piece for the whole side of the coach.

-----

Obviously Fast Roger isn't going to spend anytime analyzing the pix unless it's a big payoff. ;)

mm

Mike I noticed that too, but not knowing if they were one piece in the past I didn't speak out. I think you have it with that.

MangoMike
12-18-2007, 11:46 AM
The "interesting" thing in the pix is the reflection of the JPJ's Class C motorhome in the background.

mm

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I see that but I didn't know it was his.

Just Plain Jeff
12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
...the first guy who posted.

He kinda had the edge because during his recent visit to Parliament, the former Resinmobile Man was waxing nostalgic about his previous coach and had prowled the very same places. (Why is it that some folks have can't just park in the coach and be happy?)

Anyway, Truk nailed it cold.

Parliament has just completed two brand new XLII coaches, with delivery of the first in coming days, the second quite soon. A third is waiting in the wings for an MPD sufferer, who is desirous of a 40-footer instead of a 45.

The business with the side-view cameras is that Prevost is projecting that the company will ultimately drop the Crapco (why is it that Crapco comes out whenever I mean to write RAMCO?). Anyway the Prevost engineers are contemplating a move at some point to eliminate mirrors altogether once they can get sign off from the safety people and so on. A test balloon of the idea was floated at last year's Parliament Travel Club Rally in Clearwater by Robert Jones, who was at Kerrville.

Oh, the prize: Truk may claim his Big Deal Contest Prize by contacting Ken Robertson, GM at Parliament who has conspired in this little exercise; but we all learned something.

Off to new places and things. Who can imagine what will come next?

Well done former PlasticMan!!! (And he didn't cheat).

MangoMike
12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Although totally incorrect... I think my answers showed a lot more imagination and creativity.

mm

Just Plain Jeff
12-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree MM.

Now you can return my email FROM LAST WEEK. :D

Joe Cannarozzi
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
No mirrors hu.

All camera?

Thats cool.

Orren Zook
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM
No mirrors hu.

All camera?

Thats cool.

Eaton has had a sonar like product available for some time that will indicate anything that is in a vehicles blind spot areas. Does anyone know if this camera concept incorporates something this?

Joe Cannarozzi
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Haven't seen that Orren but I like it too.

Have seen many trucks with cameras but none that have shed mirrors for them.

Orren Zook
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Joe,

Here's the link on this from Fleet Owner Magazine: http://fleetowner.com/equipment/whatsnewin/fleet_whats_new_object_detection

garyde
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Jeff. Regarding side view mirrors; What happens when its dark , foggy or snowing, etc. My back-up camera barely can see anything at night.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I'm with Gary. I have also had 2 camera or monitor failures. So what happens when you are cruising down the interstate 1000 miles from the nearest camera / monitor repair store and your system pukes. Do you park it while you await replacement parts?

I'll stick that idea in the same bucket as the Volvo engine.

Loc
12-20-2007, 09:04 AM
JPJ,

What does Tom win? A discount on a new XL? The latest Emerson model? I would give Mango an honorable mention for his efforts.

On the mirror front, I heard a rumor that Ramco was merging with Espar. Not only will the mirrors flake but they will smoke as well.

Just Plain Jeff
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
I really shouldn't start this with you Loc, but here we go...

You knew this whole thing was smoke and mirrors anyway, didn't you?

Loc
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
JPJ,

Give me some time to reflect on your statement and I will respond.

lewpopp
12-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Why did you ask JPJ a technical question about mirrors in the first place?

He is in the midst of building boxes, selling homes, and peddling antique BBs.

He's a busy person, he can't be bothered with details.

I had better get off before someone compares me to another poster.

truk4u
12-22-2007, 09:13 PM
A big thank you to Jeff and Ken Robertson at Parliament, I received my gift in the mail today for the contest. Eat your heart out Mango....:p

MangoMike
12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Man, nice threads.

Although I still had the best incorrect answers.

mm