PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Johnnie
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Just recently joined with the intent of gathering knowledge and info while looking for the Prevost of my dreams.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the asylum. Ask any questions you want but make sure you understand if we don't know the answer we will make one up.

Where are you located and what kind of coach are you looking for. There are several two bus owners on this site and they will kiss you on the lips if you will buy their bus.

One of them prefers strapless gowns.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Just recently joined with the intent of gathering knowledge and info while looking for the Prevost of my dreams.

Welcome to the group Johnnie. Boy-o-boy, I see the potential for a lot of confusion around here.:D Nothing personal, but do you want to, a, a, a, change your name?:eek: Probably not, well I didn't think so. Just kidding good sport, but ...
:D Jim is kind of popular too and we are not changing either.

Like Jon said try everything out. You can't break anything and the only rule is don't be silent. I made that up. :cool:

Johnnie
12-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Currently looking at liberty and Marathon conversions but open to whatever strikes us. We are located in Titusville Florida.

rbeecher
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Currently looking at liberty and Marathon conversions but open to whatever strikes us. We are located in Titusville Florida.

Johnnie,

Welcome!

At least we know you don't need spell check, not many new folks on this site let alone some of the experienced ones realize liberty is not capitalized while Marathon always has been.:D

Richard Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 Vogue XL 40 going, going, ....

tdelorme
12-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Johnnie, don't let all this "welcome" stuff fool you. What you need here is thick skin and a sense of humor cause after the first few days of everyone being on their best behavior it goes downhill fast. I'm kinda new here myself and it took awhile for me to find out that several of the "regulars" have a sordid past. Like this "two bus club" deal. I'll give you three guesses where the second bus came from. As we all know, any sane person with good intentions will only need one bus.
There are other issues as well. Like yesterday Jon was telling Mango how much he liked his strapless cocktail dress. Now I'm an open minded person, but that's just wrong, grown men going on like that in public. (but,it is a real purty dress)
I will say you can get lots of great advice about a Prevost bus, and that's just the beginning. You can get advice on just about anything. But, best take it one day at a time. As Jon said, "welcome to the asylum."

Jon Wehrenberg
12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I think we chased Johnnie away.....couldn't been anything we said.;)

Jim_Scoggins
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome aboard, sir.

I'm the Jim with the pure heart!

truk4u
12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Glad to have ya Johnnie, hang on, it's a wild ride to MPD and Prevost land via this bunch of nutcases!;)

But, it will be the best money you'll spend....

MangoMike
12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Welcome Johnnie,

... and remember your dues are cheaper than any shrink.

Mango Mike

jello_jeep
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Howdy Johnnie, nice to have you aboard.

MangoMike
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
And since we already have a Johnnie,

We may have to come up with a nickname for one of you guys. And we love creating nicknames.

mm

Fast Roger
Bus Jon
JDUB
Mellow Jello
Crakman
Mel Torme
Skiffer
Jeff Who
LocMonster
The cute guy from St. Michaels

Just to name a few.

Just Plain Jeff
12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
When you are one of the Beach Boys?

And I didn't even paint any bad stuff on him or make any arrows either.

rfoster
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM
That Johnnie is aka Toby Keith! I GOT PIXS:cool:

garyde
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the group Johnnie. As you may have surmised by now, a favorite past time of POG members is detailing their foibles and others. And whats that crack about Liberty not being capitilized. I believe they have plenty of $$. If you are finding it hard to decide between Marathon and Liberty, check with Mango, he couldn't decide either so he owns one of each!

mcirco
12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Welcome Johnnie.
You will find the information here will more than make up for the abuse you will incur from the de-facto leaders of the asylum.

Miles & Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach 45 XLII D/S
Wittman, Maryland

Loc
12-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Welcome Johnnie!

The group here is very helpful and knowledgeable and will be a great resource in your search for the perfect bus. You may have to endure some hazing and fraternity pranks, but its keeps it interesting.