PDA

View Full Version : Webasto Repair Parts?

dreamchasers
11-28-2007, 08:59 AM
My Webasto unit was leaking a very small amount of diesel when the system was running. After reviewing the Prevoman's web site article on Webasto repair, I jumped into the removal and repair. I removed the unit, diagnosed where the unit was leaking (pump seal), ordered the replacement parts and cleaned up the mess. The replacement parts should arrive today. So thanks to Prevoman for taking the time to post this article for us newbies. It has really helped.

I ordered my replacement parts through Prevost in Fort Worth, Texas. Their pricing seems high. I am basing this on the cost of the replacement pump for the Webasto (Model DBW 2010) costing $205.13. Is this the expected price of these small pumps or am I shopping at the wrong place? Where do you guys purchase your repair parts?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Hector

Jerry Winchester
11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I have always order my parts thru Vehicle Systems in Colorado. They are the AquaHot folks, but the Webasto parts are the same and the prices are reasonable.

tdelorme
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
http://www.hydro-hot.com/about-us.htm

Alek&Lucia
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Are you sure that you have Webasto brand circulating pump ?
In our 1996 Country Coach we have 2 pumps made by MP, they are different, then Webasto pumps.

dreamchasers
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Are you sure that you have Webasto brand circulating pump ?
In our 1996 Country Coach we have 2 pumps made by MP, they are different, then Webasto pumps.

For clarity, the diesel pump used to inject the diesel into the combustion chamber is the item I referenced. Should have been for detailed in my description.

Thanks for the feedback. I will check out these other options for parts.

Hector

MangoMike
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Hector,

I've ordered from the guys JDUB mentioned in Co. I also use these guys with great success.

thermo king roanoke,va Ken in parts
540 343-1528

For technical advice from Webasto directly
1-800-555-4518, 1 - tech help

The link for Webasto repair on the Prevoman site.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Webasto/Webapage1.html

Note to all: Now's a good time to replace the nozzle (about $21) and make sure the photocell is clean for a warm winter experience.

white arrows to humor Winchester.

Mike

blacklab
11-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Hector, mine was leaking diesel fuel as well. I ordered a fuel solenoid and fuel pump rebuild kits from Eggimann Motor out of Madison, WI. Total cost was $67.00. I'll install both kits this weekend and see if that stops the leaking fuel issue.

dreamchasers
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I re-built the Webasto unit and it works! I replaced the bearing set that spins the compressor section and installed an upgraded 10 bar pump system, which came with a new .35 nozzle (My original nozzle was .40). The diesel leak has been resolved and the unit functions fine. It does humm or whin a little. Since this is the first Webasto system I have any experience with, I not sure what they sound like. I will wait for the Rally in Tennessee to check out what other units sound like. I replaced all bearings except the drive motor.

But I do claim success on this first endeavor.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Hector

blacklab
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Hector, what exactly did you replace?

bill&jody
11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Since this is the first Webasto system I have any experience with, I not sure what they sound like. i'd say, somewhere between a 707 and a shuttle launch. anybody have different mileage? :-)

I replaced the bearing set that spins the compressor section and installed an upgraded 10 bar pump system, which came with a new .35 nozzle (My original nozzle was .40).

hector - is this the recommended size? anybody else know what nozzle specs are reqd?
btw, besides diameter, there is also usually an angular spec for these things that specifies the angle of the "cone" of the oil spray. anybody got info on whats recommended? mike?

when i was in vermont, where many heat with oil, the local hw stores sell these nozzles for $5-8. guess i should have gotten a spare there. oh well........

wmm

MangoMike
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Model DBW2010 (45,000 btu's) - In the Marathon H3-45

Uses the .35 nozzle part # 5088641a for $21.

Model DBW2020 (60,000 btu's) - In the Liberty

Uses the .6 nozzle

Bill, it may or may not be the same nozzle in Vt, but for $13 or so dollars more, why take the risk.

Mike

bill&jody
12-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Uses the .06 nozzle

hmmmmmm... 060 sounds quite large. well, compared to 035

wmm

MangoMike
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Bill, I stand corrected.

It should be .35 and .60 nozzles. Which refer to gallons per hour.

The 2020 uses the larger one because it generates more BTU's. Which I guess is the reason it's in the Liberty. Excess.

MIke