PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Light Question

MangoMike
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
This idiot light will flash intermittenly as I tool down the road. Since there's no icon for this light I have no idea what it's trying to tell me. None of the analog gauges are showing anything out of the ordinary.

Anyone have an idea?

Push comes to the shove I'll call Prevost, but it's always more fun asking the brain trust.

Mike

Ray Davis
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure. Prevost manual calls out that position for a second alternator, however the icon would have been the battery icon (right below it), but with a 2 in the middle. I looked in the Marathon manual, and there's no references to the Prevost lights.

Ray

Just Plain Jeff
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
It means: "Send Money to JPJ ASAP."

It's a POG custom install.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Mike,

I looked at the detail drawing on the Prevost parts listing for that panel.

They do not go into sufficient detail, and they do not provide a parts breakdown for the tell-tale panel assembly. The graphics with the drawing expanded are not clear enough to discern what it is.

I think Prevost engineering will need to answer the question unless someone has a detailed owners manual that shows it.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Let me revise that. By swinging back and forth between the parts drawings and your photo it appears to be a battery symbol. I think Ray is right.

tdelorme
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
"Anyone have an idea?"

1. Taco Stand Next Exit.
2. Call your parole officer.
3. Wake up and drive.
4. Jon is watching.
5. Eject!!
6. Watch your back.
7. All of the above.

mike kerley
11-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I'd bet on a battery balance light.

They dont tell you what it is cuss we'd ignore it anyway!

Jon Wehrenberg
11-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Mike K....the balance light is on the bottom row beneath the light in question.

There is something strange here. We got idiot lights because we couldn't read or understand gauges, and now we got guys who can't read idiot lights.

I'm pretty sure none of us are qualified to own these buses.

Jerry Winchester
11-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that is the "Turtlehead" light that comes on about an hour after the taco stand stop.

Just come clean on this deal. You like putting those arrows on the photos and that's the only reason you posted it.

MangoMike
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Well I knew 50% of the responses would be from the wisenhiemers (you know who you are).

Ray may win the Mango t-shirt as I noticed the belt on the house Alternator seems to be a bit loose. I'll tighten and see if it affects the Truckman light.

Jon is right about our lack of bus owning qualifications.

and Mel Tourme - you're fitting in just right.

Mike

MangoMike
11-26-2007, 03:44 PM
and yes, I love those white arrows.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Let me see if I got this right.

A guy has a warning light keep flashing in his face. Same guy knows he has a loose belt on an alternator. Same guy asks POG members to spend thousands of man hours to research the warning light instead of just tightening the damn belt.

What am I missing here?

Jim C....how come you didn't chime in on this one? It will complete the picture.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I found it.

It took an exhaustive internet search, hours of discussions with experts, a review of drawings by the engineers, and some assistance from the Prevost legal department to speed up the drafting of disclaimers and liability documents.

IT IS A LIGHT TO ALERT YOU TO THE FACT THE NEXT PAYMENT IS DUE, AND FAILURE TO DO SO CAUSES THE BUS TO SHUT DOWN

MangoMike
11-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Tough crowd tonight.

I didn't think the belt was that loose, so I'm hoping that was the issue.

Should I have checked it before I posted, probably. But then again Jon and Ray wouldn't know how to spend the day.

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
11-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Ray,

You want to join with Truk and me to make Taco Boy #2 a little spastic? He is getting like his sidekick.

Jim_Scoggins
11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
It's the low money warning light.
Two modes:
1. flashing
2. steady bright

Orren Zook
11-26-2007, 08:07 PM
On my Liberty the manual says that that particular light indicates a loose nut behind the wheel - on your bus it may mean something different!

garyde
11-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi Mike. My Webasto light will do the same thing intermitantly.

truk4u
11-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Jon, did it say which payment? Remember, chicken boy is a TBC member.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Maybe it was a jumbo mortgage payment that was being flashed. You know, one big loan to cover two buses. That way they get a quantity discount from the repo guy.

Just Plain Jeff
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
I think the approach to this problem as stated by Mr. Anderson is all wrong, in retrospect.

His Tech-Link deal has a built-in feature which indicates when it is time to buy another coach. The light, when blinking means: Buy a slide coach, buy a slide coach, buy a slide coach.

It's an automatic feature which has no manual override and is a built-in MPD dosing function.

The good thing here is that when you get to 5 buses, you can get a fleet discount on insurance and tires.

Good stuff.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
The pressure is on. Whatever the light means, it cannot be good. I have never had a warning light come on to tell me everything is going OK, so I guess that light is similar to a fuse on a stick of dynamite.

Once it is lit the only thing you can be sure of is the end result is something you do not want to be near or around.

I guess when coach number 2 is up on stands sending some mechanic's kid to Harvard the advantage to being a TBC member is there is a spare to use as long as it does not have flashing warning lights.

MangoMike
11-27-2007, 09:02 AM
It's apparent to me now that the flashing idiot light means "impending airstrike".

jonnie
11-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey Truk.

Could you possibly been in Mango's coach in Branson and rigged a time delay to this idiot light just to drive him up a wall? Interesting thought! Maybe the airstrike has already occurred.

MangoMike
11-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Just as I thought.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-27-2007, 12:33 PM
That's one of those newfangled panels with way too much information. Can you imagine the current draw on that thing when Truk gets through with his modification program?

Just Plain Jeff
11-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Yup.

That's what I told Tom at Branson. Truck drivers should definitely not screw around with another guy's electrical system; especially the DDEC circuitry, but noooooooooooo, he had to get in on the Frat Party fun.

Hope it doesn't STB in the boonies somewhere.

Loc
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
It indicates a short between the seat and steering wheel. I get that light all the time.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Time to change that avatar Loc.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
It indicates a short between the seat and steering wheel. I get that light all the time.

From your picture I thought you looked quite tall. :eek:

truk4u
11-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Could it be related to Marathon wire number 37!;)

jello_jeep
11-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I think the light indicates the presence of specific gasses given off by dead tropical fish guts, possibly carried into the carpeting via contaminated chef's clogs.

rfoster
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
I believe its a taco gas lite. Cause its red and thats usually indicates a dangerous condition.

bill&jody
12-01-2007, 11:38 AM
leave it alone. it'll go out eventually.
wmm