PDA

View Full Version : This just in...

Just Plain Jeff
04-17-2006, 05:12 PM
I got this in an email from the president of a well-known converter:

Prevost bus conversions without the ISS are still far superior to anything out on the road as for handling, etc. I would challenge anyone who can drive a 1996 without ISS and then drive a 1997 or 1998 with ISS, and without actually looking at the date of manufacturer or underneath the coach at the suspension to tell me based upon driving which has ISS and which one does not.

So there you go.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I think that was discussed on the other site recently. One advantage to some is the turning radius with the ISS is shorter. I have to agree about the ride although my recent experience with an ISS coach was on good roads. It might make a difference on certain types of roads.

What I have not seen mentioned or discussed is the service requirements or durability of the ISS. I don't doubt that it has a long life, but with a larger number of parts moving in multiple directions I would suspect the lubrication is more involved and I also question how big an issue alignments are.

It is a moot point however because after a certain serial number you will be getting the ISS anyway.