View Full Version : motor home racing

Jim_Scoggins
11-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNFDZsCmPZY

jonnie
11-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Jim,

Great stuff! This should be a mandatory part of the POG rallies.

Happy Thanksgiving

Jon Wehrenberg
11-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Well that answers the questions about why Kevin's new bus was up on stands. It was being outfitted with Hoosiers and will become a new element in Erion Racing.

garyde
11-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Way too funny! I think we need to add some element of that to our rallys.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-22-2007, 11:30 AM
I think the TBC members should race their #2 coaches.

I'd pay $2.00 to see them race. Maybe more. I'd pay $5.00 to drive one. I'll even pay for the fuel I use.

garyde
11-22-2007, 11:48 PM
What about a Prevost Box Derby? I know we have plenty of racers in this group and a pretty competitive group as is constantly on display . What about 'The POG Challenge' at the next rally in South Dakota.

merle&louise
11-23-2007, 09:24 AM
That's a great idea! Maybe we could get Jeff Bayley to post on that subject.

Does anyone know what the 0-60 on a Prevost?

Is a series 60 faster than an 8V92?

We could race on the interstate from mile marker to mile marker. Starting from a stand-still start might be a little scary though.

Hey Kevin, would using the gear selector to redline each gear produce a faster elapsed time? What is the redline on a series 60? Would over-inflating the tires help with a faster time?

Would a 40' be faster than a 45'?

This is going to be fun: Racing Prevosts (and Newells).:D

merle&louise
11-23-2007, 09:27 AM
I know what I can get Louise for Christmas! A racing helmet and gloves:D

rmboies
11-23-2007, 02:38 PM
We could race on the interstate from mile marker to mile marker. Starting from a stand-still start might be a little scary though.
This is going to be fun: Racing Prevosts (and Newells).:D

Tuga, don't you remember the race uphill to Kerrville?? I'll bet Mango remembers :D I believe there was play by play commentary on the CB ? <g>

Debi

merle&louise
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah Debi,

That was a lot of fun. I think that we were all pumped up a little too much, but that sure was the beginning of an exciting week. That was a great rally.
The highlight was the Diet Coke/mento display by MM and company.:D

Will Garner
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Carole and I went on a short ride for some Eastern NC style bar-b-que yesterday. Only about two hours away in Wilson. If you are passing Wilson on I-95 anytime there are two choices for great food. One is Bill's the other is Parkers. Bill's is at the intersection of Forest Hills Road and Downing Drive while Parkers is on US 301/I-95 Business. I'm sure they can be found on Google Maps or some gps systems.

Anyway, on the way back home on US 1 (four lane divided) some "lady" in a red Ford Ranger Pick'em up truck (no plywood) stops dead in front of me in the inside lane. She was confused, I laid on the big horns (no I don't have the train horns yet), and she gave me a salute to boot. In fact she followed me all the way back to my house, using different streets. Fortunately for both of us she choose not to stop and discuss my use of the big horns. I did notice there was a Handicapped placard hanging from the rear view mirror. If I could have gotten her tag number I would have made my NCSHP friends aware of her driving talents.

So I am really more interested in knowing the 60mph to 0mph times instead of the 0mph to 60mph times. That may be more practical to know.

tdelorme
11-25-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/689469/hotrod_camper/

Jim_Scoggins
11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Dick Warren and I raced our Bluebirds on I-75N in Michigan on the way up to Soo Locks
Me, the good guy, white hat: 1986 PT40 with a Detroit 8V92 TA pulling a jeep wrangler. 44,800 lbs
Dick, evil one, black bart: 1999 Bluebird LXI. Series 60 Deroit, no toad. Weight about the same.
Passengers, me: Dragon Lady and Guard Dog Pootie
Passenger, Dick: The beautiful Patty

We were alongside about 40 MPH. Floored them on a short count downshift.
He initially got ahead then I pulled up even. We were overtaking some traffic so I fell in trail. We were both floored. I was drafting a bit and got a head of steam and was able to pull up alongside cab to cab. Could not get on around him as we were overtaking some traffic again. I still think I could take him on a ten mile straight away.

Speeds about 85-90. I can't remember if alcohol was involved but I don't think so.

Stupid is as stupid does. A hoot nontheless.

Joe Cannarozzi
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I wonder if he would be willing to sell that camper, I like it.

I would plate it and drive it around on the road. You think that would scare a few?