PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thankgiving fellow POG'ers

dalej
11-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Just wanted everyone of you to have the wisdom tomorrow not to over eat and then say....boy I wished I hadn't ate that much!

Ah what the heck...go for it!

Happy Thanksgiving from Jan and I :) :)

merle&louise
11-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Karen and I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving; drive safe and don't eat too much turkey.:D

dalej
11-21-2007, 07:57 PM
This was one of our worst Thanksgivings. We decided to go to the only turkey growers in our area and buy a live bird. We had to use a tub and grate to haul it home. I really felt like Jed Clampet (beverly hillbillies) at the time.

Any way, we dressed it and cooked it and it taste like....well bad.

Nothing like a store bought! :)

garyde
11-21-2007, 10:35 PM
This was one of our worst Thanksgivings. We decided to go to the only turkey growers in our area and buy a live bird. We had to use a tub and grate to haul it home. I really felt like Jed Clampet (beverly hillbillies) at the time.

Any way, we dressed it and cooked it and it taste like....well bad.

Nothing like a store bought! :)

The caption above the Turkey says " Something tells me this is not the line for free Harley rides"

rmboies
11-22-2007, 08:33 AM
This was one of our worst Thanksgivings. We decided to go to the only turkey growers in our area and buy a live bird. We had to use a tub and grate to haul it home. I really felt like Jed Clampet (beverly hillbillies) at the time.Any way, we dressed it and cooked it and it taste like....well bad.Nothing like a store bought! :)

please tell me you photshopped this into your truck:eek: I can't see Jann dressing out a turkey!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our POG friends.....we are blessed to have you in our lives.

Debi and Bob

truk4u
11-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Happy Turkey day to everyone, we're thinking of you while we tough it out down in Key West at Bluewater Key Resort.:p

Ho hum, just another morning in paradise...;)

dalej
11-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Tom, it looks like you two have a great spot down there, enjoy your mini vacation.

Debi, no photoshop. I killed it and Jan dressed it or is it undressed it. She is a farm girl, they used to dress chickens all the time.

merle&louise
11-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Trukman,

I envy you! Louise and I were down there last year. Bluewater is a great place; expensive but very nice. We were in #73 on the bay. I counted 9 Prevosts and 7 fifth wheels and travel trailers. At $150/night we didn't stay more than a couple of nights.

Hope you guys get to see some clear sunsets:D

rfoster
11-22-2007, 09:48 PM
You know if you a guy was to take the picture of the Pilgrim Dale with his live Turkey, and Kevin's new bus on jacks with no wheels and place them in my front yard as in photo shop - they could qualify as "Rednecks"http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/parkwayautoofbristol/gitrdunsanta.jpg

truk4u
11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Tuga,

You and Karen kind of inspired us last year after seeing your pictures, so thanks for pointing us in the right direction. We've been down here quite often, but never stayed here. It's real pricy as you mentioned, 3 nights is enough.

It's a beautiful place, but seems to be kind of snooty. Not even a hello from neighbors on each side, but maybe they're owners and view us renters as goat people, kind of like Mango and Jdub. You will love this, the brochure for the park has an Ad for site ownership starting at only 799K.:eek:

Oh well, back to the real world tomorrow and heading north...

Maybe the Mango Mikes t-shirt alarms the neighbors.

rmboies
11-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe the Mango Mikes t-shirt alarms the neighbors.

Tom, this is a great photo, Mango Mike shirt and all! Glad you and Nancy are having a wonderful time at such a gorgeous place. The new coach is certainly covering the miles!

Debi

merle&louise
11-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Tom,

I too found some of my neighbors there a little snooty. The guy next to me was fiddling with his boat while I was sitting out on the patio 20 feet away. I waved and he waved back, but that was it. I did meet another fellow that offered us to walk thru his site as a short cut to the office, so not everyone was stuck-up. We talked for a few minutes; he had a Prevost Royale w/2 slides. He said he loved it and didn't have any slide trouble. His wife had b**bs the size of New Jersey (not all plastic is bad).

Have fun:D

jonnie
11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Truk,

You need to go the the Geiger Key Smokehouse and RV Resort. I think it is about the 10.5 mile marker. There is a large gas station on the left. Turn left off the highway and keep driving until you run into this place. Old Florida saloon with good cold beer and many characters.

Enyoy