PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Supershow

GDeen
11-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Is the Tampa Supershow good for newbies who want to see different convertors and their products? Other shows better? More efficient to just go to the different convertors factories?
Thanks!

JIM KELLER
11-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Is the Tampa Supershow good for newbies who want to see different convertors and their products? Other shows better? More efficient to just go to the different convertors factories?
Thanks!

Gordon, The Tampa Show is an outstanding oppertunity to see a wide variety of Motorhomes. The big show is in February I believe. Thousands of people attend and sometimes the lines are long to see the Prevost conversions. You will be standing in line with people that will never even think about buying a Bus but decided it was a fun thing to do for the day ! If you want individual one on one attention with a convertor go direct to the source. I think potential buyers need to experience both.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Ditto what Jim said.

Unless you want a personal tour of the coaches with 10,000 of your closest friends plan on visiting the converters where you will get a chance to see both new and old coaches.

They all look great when they are new, but seeing how they age is very revealing.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Gordon, I agree with what Jon and everybody is saying.

The Tampa RV Super Show is fun, Peg and I went last January, and had a good time, but keep in mind all the buss' are NEW, and unless that is what you are looking for, you won't have anything else to look at. (Lots and lots of plastic coaches and trailers of every type and brand.

A week long leisure trip to Prevost alley in Florida, and day trips to each convertor is the best way to see and talk prevost with each of the convertors. That is what we ( I ) enjoyed the most, and other than all of the POG posts, where I have learned the most about each convertor and their products.

Have lots of fun, I still am. :)

Gary S.

GDeen
11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the responses...the show actually falls at a busy time for me so we may be better served to just go down and visit the convertors individually.

merle&louise
11-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Gordon,

I agree; the best way to actually see a converter's coaches is to visit their showrooms. You get individual attention that is almost impossible @ a show. The one advantage of a show is that all of the manufacturers are side by side. You give up the individual attention but gain viewing all of the competitors in one place at one time.

We are planning to attend the Tampa Super show this January 16-20, 2008.

I have never been to an RV show, and I think that it might be fun. If it is anything like the boat shows there is a lot to learn about new accessories and gizmos. I like that kind of stuff and also any new electronic toys.

Although I am sure that it will be crowded that to me is part of the fun. Sometimes you meet some real characters in places like this.

Anyway, we are going to try to make it!:D

GDeen
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey Tuga - if Jenny and I do decide to make a go of the Tampa show, we will have to meet for dinner or something!

lewpopp
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Gordon,

In January, Parliament is holding an open house and will have several P's on display. the dates are 9-12. You must be registered to stay there but you could just drive in one of the days and see all of their wares. It's a relatively good time. A lot of "clicks". Not like the Poggers, no way.

that would be just befor the Tampa show.

merle&louise
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Tuga - if Jenny and I do decide to make a go of the Tampa show, we will have to meet for dinner or something!

Gordon,

Let me know if you and Jenny decide to attend, Karen and I would love to meet you for dinner.

GDeen
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
It would be my pleasure Tuga, and I will keep you posted.