PDA

View Full Version : Parliament Service

truk4u
11-19-2007, 09:45 PM
This was my first experience with service at Parliament and I have to give them an atta boy!;) They did exactly what they said they would do, got me in on time, provided a campsite for the weekend with full hookups and made the repairs at a reasonable price.

Even though I have a CC, they had all parts in stock to handle the road A/C and Prevost dash air, they knew what the problem was and promptly had me fixed up and heading down the road.

Anyone needing service work should give them a try and we're fortunate to have them as a POG Sponsor. They even talked about how they were going to improve their maintenance presentations at future Rallys.

No JPJ didn't put me up to this, just wanted to pass the word about their outstanding service...

lewpopp
11-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Let's see.....Did you join the Parliament Travel Club? There is an open house in January. Will you be there now that you are tooting the horn for them?

rbeecher
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
truk,

I will second your comments. They treated us like we had bought a new bus from them.

They know our Vogue inside and out because some of their people were at Pryor, OK at the Mitchell Vogue plant when it was built. Their service is quick, done right, and for a respectable price.

We tried to buy an XLII from them but they just didn't have the right one for us.

Richard
2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 Vogue XL 40 for sale

win42
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I can't let this go by without weighing in on Rick May and the Parliment Service. Rick did a fantastic job on my Liberty in Branson. I would trust them with any job on my bus. Too bad for me they are right coasters. They will be joining us at future POG rallies I'm sure.

rmboies
11-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Let's see.....Did you join the Parliament Travel Club? There is an open house in January. Will you be there now that you are tooting the horn for them?

Lew, we didn't join the Parliament Travel Club but we have attended their rallys. They welcome anyone who wants to come. Jeff, Helen, Bob and I went to their rally in Asheville last year and had a lot of fun. We were invited to their January celebration but were unable to make it. Please everyone go and when you do, check out the nice coaches they have for sale:rolleyes:

rmboies
11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=rbeecher;20725]truk,
They know our Vogue inside and out because some of their people were at Pryor, OK at the Mitchell Vogue plant when it was built. Their service is quick, done right, and for a respectable price.
We tried to buy an XLII from them but they just didn't have the right one for us. Richard

Richard, yes it's nice to know that the Mitchells brought some of their employees from their Vogue operation with them when they sold out the biz. Vogues are very nice coaches and it is a nice feeling knowing the original builders are still around to go to for service.

rbeecher
11-20-2007, 10:56 AM
As for Vogue service, there is also the Tulsa RV location for the West side folks. Jerry (Nadine ?), who owns Tulsa RV and Carl West were employed by the Mitchells when they owned Vogue.

Debi, you are right, the Mitchell Vogues are impressive and I am not saying that because I have one for sale, they are very well built.

We looked at 45' XLs when we were shopping and ended up buying The XLII Marathon. In fact we would have bought an XL 45' had we not stumbled on the XLII deal. Another Vogue would have been at the TOP of the list and a certain part of that decision would have been because of the Parliament folks.

Richard Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45

Coloradobus
11-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Hey Richard,

What's your coach number??? Inquiring minds, and all that.:D

rbeecher
11-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Jim,

The Marathon Coach is # 0757. Marathon has it back again to take care of a few more items and that is my excuse as to why I or someone I know haven't posted pictures, yet.

Richard

Jon Wehrenberg
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Long story, but as long as Tom and Rich are talking about service I will share a story....

We did not know diddly when we saw our first bus and decided we wanted it. There was no internet and the number of new bus conversions probably wasn't a tenth of what is out there now. So I call Harvery Mitchell in Tampa who had sold the coach originally and asked about it. I also asked why I should not consider flying to see the 20 or more coaches he had on his sales lot in Tampa. He said that he knew the coach we were interested in, that the price was fair to us and the seller, that when we bought it he wanted us to come to Tampa and he would teach us about the coach.

We bought it with a pre-purchase inspection by Don Hoffman, another fine gentleman.

We asked Harvey if the offer to teach us still was available. He said it was. We went down and we parked hooked up on one of his sites for 3 or 4 days. He had various people from his staff work with us every day to help us understand the new (to us) coach. He wouldn't take a cent for all his efforts and his people even arranged to have Prevost in Jacksonville take care of some things under warranty.

I can echo what Tom and Rich are saying and I can say with confidence that any dealings with the Mitchells are going to be very pleasant.

jack14r
11-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Richard,are you going to Sebring next week?Jack

rbeecher
11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Richard,are you going to Sebring next week?Jack

Jack,

I will be there! Will we see you there in one of your famous stock cars?

I plan to go over Wed. with KMW Motorsports so we can get a good spot for the bus.

You can help me take pictures of the bus and send them to this group?:D

Richard Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45 #0757
1996 Vogue XL 40 #1626 FOR SALE
08 Silverado Crew Cab

jack14r
11-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Richard,I am leaving for Florida on Saturday to have Liberty do a little Warranty work,if all goes well I should be in Sebring on Wednesday.I will bring a camera. I saw EFR in Daytona and asked about you but you were not there.I pinched a brake line in the Saturday stock car race and finished last,and then won the race on Sunday.I went for the brake pedal at 195 mph and it went to the floor,that got my ATTENTION,because the oval continues it was a non incident.I flew to Daytona because I had fly to Kansas City the next day.I am looking forward to seeing your new bus and using mine for a week.Jack

jack14r
11-22-2007, 07:38 AM
Richard,I will park near turn 1 where there is water,I will save you a spot if you want me to.My wife will demand 100 gallons a day!!!Jack

rbeecher
11-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Jack,

That was too much excitment! You can run 195 in those cars? Who's building your engines, Evernham Racing? You are flying in that thing. Congrats on the big win. Good to know you had some room to let the car slow down. I missed 3 Daytona races in a row Oct. - Nov., that was not fun.

Send your wife over to meet Barbara, she'll train her on how to conserve water.

Kevin Wheeler (KMW) usually sets up on the cement inside turn 17 up from where we grid, first opening in the fence as you come into the track, on the right. We will probably end up parking along the barricades straight across from KMW. Barbara likes to watch the cars come down the back straight to 17 when she is not in grid or up at the pit wall for my races. Thanks for the offer to save a spot.

Richard

2002 Marathon XLII 45

jack14r
11-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Richard,I've got to stay at the other end but I will find you,I MUST HAVE WATER.I have Joey Arrington Dodge motors,he has the contract for the Chrysler R and D.I carry a Garmin GPS in my car and it ran between 193-195 each session.By the way HSR is so concerned about stock car speeds that we were forced to use a 390 CFM carb instead of the normal 830.I think that they would run 205 with the 830.The 390 that I borrowed from Joey was 20 HP down from his best ones that he sells but they cost $4200,thats too much for 1 race a year.See ya next week,have a safe trip.jack

JIM KELLER
12-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I agree with Tom. Just received outstanding service at their facility. Several air conditioning issues were resolved along with a Webasto problem I have been fighting with for over a year. They even had crimping equiptment and parts to repair a freon leak on the Country Coach condenser under the Bus above the Drive Axle. Their staff are very skilled and most are long time employees. A lovely place for out of towners to camp while repairs are performed. Ken Robertson is continually out and about checking on customer service and their service manager Dan Romero monitors customer satisfaction while overseeing the entire department.

A very pleasant experience.