PDA

View Full Version : No longer in the TBC!

Ray Davis
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Well, this past Saturday was a milestone day for me. I drove out to Las Vegas (from Southern CA) in "Mater" as Steve Bennett from California Coach Company delivered my first coach to it's new owners.

It seems only appropriate that my bus' new owner has his own business selling ..... (you guessed it?) fire engines and fire apparatus! He was planning on purchasing a bus, and painting it red, so "Mater" was perfect for him.

I just want to thank Steve Bennett of California Coach Company. Over the course of the last 5-6 weeks, we had no lack of interest, in fact the new owner was the 6th buyer on my bus. But due to many reasons, the first 5 buyers were either disqualified, or had to back down. Steve is incredible, and I could have never sold it on my own (and still remained employed!!)

Steve, thanks for everything.

Oh, we passed on POG information to the new ower, so if you happen to see a new POG person show up with a red bus, say hi to Quincy Jones!

Ray
**** One bus club member, again!! ****

dalej
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Were so happy for you Ray. You have another reason to be thankful this Thankgiving.

rfoster
11-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Ray: Congrats on the return to the one bus club.

I also wanted to make mention for everyone to recall a meal or two sponsored by Steve from California Coach at our POG Rallies.
Glad to hear your success story.

Jerry Winchester
11-19-2007, 02:03 PM
But now we have a new TBC member who needs to post some pics of the new ride.............

garyde
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Easy come, easy.......Well , congradulations Ray. It is a lot easier buying than selling that is for sure. Way to go Steve!

MangoMike
11-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Ray,

Congratulations. But we'll miss you at the monthly TBC meetings.

Mike

rmboies
11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Ray,

Congratulations. But we'll miss you at the monthly TBC meetings.
Mike

Mango, we must have missed it, where are these montly meetings being held? :p

Congrats on the sale Ray.....

Kevin Erion
11-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I am trying to keep this low profile! It's been a long time since I posted pictures and guess what, senior moment has taken place. I am sending some to a my bud and I am sure he will fix this problem.
Kevin
Another TBC member

dalej
11-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Kevin, were you flying under the radar, you rascal you!

Ray Davis
11-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Here's a couple of pictures from Kevin!

Ray

garyde
11-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Am I hearing this right? Kevin, did you find the bunk bed Coach? Tell me more.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah Kevin, tell us more. It sure looks fine.
Hey what's with that snow. Where is that bus anyhow?

We had snow a couple weeks ago. It was 60 today, but snow expected tomorrow:eek:

Kevin Erion
11-21-2007, 08:54 AM
The bus we bought is a Marathon XLII 45 #704. the first owner was in the Toledo, Ohio area and sold it about 18 months ago to Roadhouse Coach based in Comfort Texas. It is one of 4 non slide XLII bunk bed coaches that Marathon built. Roadhouse is a Entertainer Co. that has 22 buses they run around the country. We love the interior colors and with a little clean up it is in good shape.
The outside needs a little TLC and I am just lucky to be close to Prevost Mira Loma so I can make runs for parts. I have been actively looking for over a year, we had a deposit on one (#737) but it was very rough, and that was all done from the original owner, didn't buy that one. We did see some pictures and a color board on another one (#702) and didn't like the interior on that one. 702 has had 5 owners, maybe that tells a story about that one, not sure.
So, long story short, I had to make the decision and with some help from another POG member I bought it and will spend the next few years getting back to the way I want it.
Now, lets talk TBC--I sure don't want to be a member for very long, I now think I am motivated to sell, if you know anyone looking!
Thanks,
Kevin

garyde
11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Kevin. I'm looking forward to seeing your new Prevost. Have you decided how you are going to sell your XL? When you get a chance, post some pics.

Kevin Erion
11-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Gary, I am going to let Steve from Cal Coach sell it. As you know, he goes the extra mile to get the job done.
Kevin