PDA

View Full Version : Florida Storage

rickdesilva
11-11-2007, 07:57 AM
In the next few weeks we'll be heading to Fla to leave our coach until spring. I have 3 roof airs and no OTR. When I leave the coach unattended for long periods of time (2 weeks to possibly a month) should I leave an air on? Before this coach I've always had Bluebirds and just closed her up and never had an issue with humidity or anything. Any suggestions?

MangoMike
11-11-2007, 01:02 PM
I would set the center cruiseair to 78 degrees and pay the electric. I do this all summer while the bus is in the bus barn to keep the humidity in check. I'm always worried what all that heat and moisture can do the interior.

The Mothership, which is on the sale lot at Parliament in Florida, is kept on A/C full time.

Mike

Ray Davis
11-11-2007, 01:02 PM
I will be interested to other thoughts here. Generally with both my coaches, they are stored indoors, and I turn everything off except for fridgerator. I have spoken with another owner who keeps a air cleaner (probably those ionic kind) circulating air in the coach 24/7.

Our summers and winters here are pretty mild, so I don't worry about leaving on the A/C. However, I believe the previous owner of my current coach would simply leave the roof airs on, and set it to whatever temperature he wanted to maintain.

I chose not to do this, because I couldn't find a setting that would turn off the fan at temp. I didn't want the fans running 24/7, so I'm leaving things completely off for now.

Ray

garyde
11-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Unless you have someone watching the coach, I would purchase some moisture absorbtion bags and leave the Power off.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-11-2007, 03:11 PM
FWIW, we have both heat and high humidity here in E. Tennessee. But the garage tends to stay no lower than 55 in the winter, and no higher than 80 in the summer. I'm sure the pit and the thick insulation tend to moderate the garage temps relative to outside temps.

We have not heated or cooled the coach while it is in storage in the garage until just before we leave on a trip. So far not any problems. If I am working in the coach then I use the AC or heaters

I cannot run the Webasto in the garage. I also leave all batteries turned on, inverters on, but I do check it periodically.

rickdesilva
11-11-2007, 07:17 PM
The coach is not undercover, we leave it parked on our site. I'm still working a full schedule so we try to get to FLA at least once a month. I'm thinking that I should keep one A/C unit on while we're home. I'm just uncomfortable being over a thousand miles away and having an A/C unit running.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
We also leave our bus at Parliament in the open. We just leave the center air on at 78 and also on auto fan. Never had any problems!! You definately want to leave the air on. Sandy