PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop

garyde
11-09-2007, 11:33 PM
:)I just got back from Prevost in So. California (Mira Loma) to have my air system inspected as well as 2 seals replaced (Alternator, A/C Compressor).
I had 6 new Michelin tires changed on the back end (drive & tag). The dates on the Michelins coming off were all 2/2002 (65,000 miles). The 365's on the front are 44/03 and show no wear as of yet so I'm giving them another year.
There were a couple of familiar Prevosts at the facility. Ray Davis' Campbell soup Country Coach and another Coach I remeber from Santa Fe (Parliment) which Steve from California Coach sold.
A few Prevosts in there with Fires, and accidents as well.
I watched two mechanics pulling some stainless steel skin off of a 2006 Marathon slide, a glueing problem. I took some photos, they used a scissor lift, electric chipping hammer, chain, and vice grips, to peal the SS Skin off.

It does not come off easy! They thought I was nuts taking photos,(thought I was a Cal Osha inspector at first)
I gave a POG card to a person I met driving a Marathon H. He lives by me east of Santa Clarita . He's a Fly guy as well.

I also spoke to a Rock Band driver at length about Buses, Touring, the Buisness of leasing, Groupies, etc.
All in All a very worth while day.

jello_jeep
11-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Geez Gary, you were in my back yard almost! Give me a call if you are down, if I am free, I will buy you lunch... And charge it to Harry :)

Alek&Lucia
11-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Tell us more about the stainless steel skin glueing problem of a 2006 Marathon slide.

Ray Davis
11-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Gary PLEASE!!! Ferrari red, not Cambell Soup! :eek:

jello_jeep
11-10-2007, 03:43 PM
MMM MMM Good,,,,,MMM MMM Good... :D:D:D

ajhaig
11-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Gary,

What exactly is an "air system inspection?" I ask because my aux. air pump is not working properly and I think I'm going to swing by Prevost and have them look at it.

AJ

Jon Wehrenberg
11-10-2007, 08:39 PM
AJ....your aux pump is a converter item, and with the exception of the leveling and suspension system all other aux air is converter stuff.

garyde
11-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Gary,

What exactly is an "air system inspection?" I ask because my aux. air pump is not working properly and I think I'm going to swing by Prevost and have them look at it.

AJ

It is a 12,000 mile maintenance item where they replace the air dryer, drain & inspect the air tanks and lines, check for proper function, etc.
The one thing I wanted to verify was my air system did not hve any H2O contamination.

garyde
11-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Tell us more about the stainless steel skin glueing problem of a 2006 Marathon slide.

Well, from the difficulty they had removing the panels, I don't know exactly what the initial problemwas other than someting to do with the panel coming away from the frame. It does not come off easy. They applied a lot of tension pulling the top edge of the panel downward as they used a small electric chiseling tool to peal the panel away from the frame.

ajhaig
11-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Thx. Gary.

Jon - I called Marathon and described the problem and they advised me to have Prevost look at it... I think you are right, I'm not sure that Prevost will be able to help.

Does anyone know where I can have something like this (aux. air compressor) looked at in Southern California?

AJ

Orren Zook
11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Thx. Gary.

Jon - I called Marathon and described the problem and they advised me to have Prevost look at it... I think you are right, I'm not sure that Prevost will be able to help.

Does anyone know where I can have something like this (aux. air compressor) looked at in Southern California?

AJ

If it's like the one I have you can get one just about anywhere.... Sams Club, Home Depot, Lowes, etc

Joe Cannarozzi
11-11-2007, 03:41 AM
AJ

Ours is a Dayton. Do you have paperwork on it from the converter?

How about Granger.

What exactly is the problem?

Gary

Watching the guys pull those glued panels loose is enough to make a fella wish he had rivets.

garyde
11-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi AJ. Stop by my home and let's take a look at it. maybe it's a simple adjustment or fix.