PDA

View Full Version : POG Secret Handshake Revealed?

Just Plain Jeff
11-09-2007, 08:04 AM
So what the heck is a nice POG fella from Texas doing in New Hampshire?

[http://www.prevost-stuff.com/LocNewMill.htm

rmboies
11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
So what the heck is a nice POG fella from Texas doing in New Hampshire?

[http://www.prevost-stuff.com/LocNewMill.htm

Oh, Oh, raising hand, I know I know!!!!!

:D

Just Plain Jeff
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
(Always a pushover for the pretty girls in the front row...)

OK Debi, I call on you. No giggling.

rmboies
11-09-2007, 10:25 AM
(Always a pushover for the pretty girls in the front row...)

OK Debi, I call on you. No giggling.

why he is visting you of course! What else did you expect me to say:p

Debi

Just Plain Jeff
11-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Hmmm.

More to come of this story.

Sorry young lady, anyone else?

Jon Wehrenberg
11-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Becoming a member of the TBC????????

rmboies
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Becoming a member of the TBC????????

Jon, you were supposed to follow my lead and just say visiting---I know nothing about adding a new member to our TBC:rolleyes:

Jerry Winchester
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Nothing better than having someone else joing the Two Bus Club the same day you get paroled from it.

Yep, the vintage coach is gone from the Casa del JDUB.

Ray Davis
11-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Congratulations on selling your coach. I'm still a TBC member, but hopefully not much longer. I am on my 6th buyer!! If all goes well with this one, I'll be out of the TBC in about a week.

Ray

rmboies
11-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Nothing better than having someone else joing the Two Bus Club the same day you get paroled from it.

hey JDUB, sorry to see you leave the club but nice to know someone is taking your place;)

truk4u
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Hmmmm, the Loc Nest in NH visiting someone! Sounds kind of fishy to me (sorry Mango). Why would anyone travel from TX to the NE area to visit Sock Man? He spends his days in the wood shop in his underwear pretending to make furniture, anxious for a power outage to try out his new 400K generator. Further, what's up with the picture of Loc Nest and Tim the tool man..

Jdub - Atta boy, down to one bus must feel gooooooooooooooooood.

Ray - Keeping our fingers crossed for ya..

Jon Wehrenberg
11-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't know what is going on here but at our local Cracker Barrel we had a visitor......

Jon Wehrenberg
11-10-2007, 04:14 PM
What a nice ride. Good luc Loc!!!!

dalej
11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm starting to feel ill again....seems it comes on just after a POG member goes out and....well you know!

Congratulations Loc, it's a beautiful bus.

Loc
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Dale, you think your feeling ill!!! I have not even seen this thing!
Courtenay (Loc better half and the most sane one of the bunch)

Just Plain Jeff
11-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Who is this Loc guy and why is it that he can't stop smiling?

Maybe he has different slides than JDUB's new coach.

Dunno.

phorner
11-10-2007, 06:13 PM
WOW!!! That's one good lookin' bus!!!

Ia there an announcement in the offing???

rmboies
11-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Dale, you think your feeling ill!!! I have not even seen this thing!
Courtenay (Loc better half and the most sane one of the bunch)

HEY COURTENAY!! You are going to love it!!.....Bob is coaching Loc and the jury is still out on if that is a good thing or not:D Winston will surely be riding shotgun in this one, right? <g>

Debi

Jon Wehrenberg
11-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Loc has gotten himself a fine ride. I think he will have as much fun learning it than driving it.

That bus is truly a family coach.

MangoMike
11-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Loc,

Congrats, and great move for your tribe.

Wish I'd made the move in the early years like you.

Mike

garyde
11-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Congradulations on the new ride Loc. Prevost Fever strikes another POG member. There must be a virus in Texas.

Loc
11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
It is true, we upgraded the XL with a really nice 2002 Millennium XLII. This bus is well set up for us (originally had two bunks - which we will put back in). Thanks to Jeff Raymond for taking time out of his schedule to drive down to New Hampshire and meet me to look at the potential purchase. It was nice to have some third party perspective to validate the purchase. It was even nicer of him to come back to New Hampshire when I left my suitcase in his car which he discoverd on the ride home. I also need to thank Bob for spending time with me to talk about Millennium on several phone calls. It was also fun to hear from several POG members on the drive home (Tom, Roger, JDUB, and Debi). Courtenay would also call me to read me the posts in this thread.

I left Manchester, NH on Friday around 11 am and made it to Roanoke, VA late Friday night. It alternated rain and snow through most of New York and Pennsylvania and then just rained all the way to Roanoke. Saturday, I stopped in Knoxville to have breakfast with Jon and Diane (thanks for the eggstra nice pictures). I made it to Orange, TX for a total of 1045 miles. I figured out how to reset the fuel consumption computer when I filled up early Saturday in VA. For the remainder of the trip, I got 8.2 miles per gallon (generally with the cruise control set of 65). My fill up this morning in Orange confirmed the 8 mpg number the old fashion way (miles driven / fuel used). I pulled into the storage yard at 8 am this morning.

We are moving everything from the Angola into the new bus this afternoon. Boy how we accumulate a copious amount of worthless and useless junk. I am taking the bus to Prevost in Dallas tomorrow night to have them give it a good once over.

I thought the learning curve would be less than with the first bus. As usual, boy was I wrong. I found out some interesting things about the inverter and generator at midnight last night. I am afraid that there is much more to experience / learn before I can review and understand most of the manuals.

I will try to post some pictures when I get a chance to take some.

I have a couple of people supposedly coming this week to look at the Angola - I hope to be a very short term member of the TBOC. If you know of anyone that is looking, let me know.

rmboies
11-11-2007, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Loc;20392]It is true, we upgraded the XL with a really nice 2002 Millennium XLII.

Hey Loc, glad to see you made it back home safely in the beautiful new coach of yours. I would like to hear from Courteney-- does the new rig measure up to your expectations? I think it already has Winston's approval:D

Settle in and send pics when you can. Good luck with the sale of the Angola!

Debi and Bob 03/00

truk4u
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad your home safe & sound Loc, now Courteney can put the finishing touches on things.

Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Just Plain Jeff
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
If you go here: http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&id=3723&publicationtype=Articles

You will see pictures taken by some clown of Loc actually doing an inspection of his coach despite the massive MPD present at the scene. Go to the bottom of the article and there's a slide show at the bottom.

Some people actually do look at the coach before they drive it away.

Imagine that.

dalej
11-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Jeff, where are the photos? I went to articles and couldn't find them.

Just Plain Jeff
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
If you click on the link in the post, there is one at the top of the article and then a slide show at the end of the l-o-n-g article. Geez, that guy goes on and on, huh?