PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Beach?

rfoster
04-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey- has anyone experienced Beverly Beach??, (Flagler)
Thinking about trying it out - would like a day or so on the beach around the Rally time.
Roger

Just Plain Jeff
04-16-2006, 07:25 AM
We used to hang out in that neck of the woods; from St. Augustine to Daytona. There's a C/G just north of Flagler right on the ocean; very tight spots and [I]sandy[I]. The cochina sand, the light fluffy stuff. Your best bet would be Gamble-Rogers State RV Park. We had heard they had upgraded to 30 and 50 amp service. Worth a phone call. It is just a tad farther north up A1A.

truk4u
04-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Roger,
I've been to Beverly's several times and although you can't get any closer to the ocean, it has it's down side. Salt, salt, salt, salt.... If there is any kind of breeze at all from the right direction, be prepared for an immediate wash job when leaving. I didn't even leave Flagler until washing everything and you will be surprised where you find salt.

Would I go back now that I have a Prevost? No way, I couldn't sleep thinking about the little rust pits forming. Could you imagine the harassment from this bunch with pitted stainless!:p

Jon Wehrenberg
04-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Roger,

We went there in our 40 footer many years ago. I'm not saying the spaces are tight, but the natives lined up to see if the big bus could get back in without taking out the neighbor's awning or mirrors.

It was nice walking on the beach with coffee in hand, but I agree with Tom about the salt. The coach had a light white haze on it when we pulled out the next morning. We won't do that again.

Just Plain Jeff
04-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Yup, the joint has a morning salt haze over everything. Staying a night or two might be OK.

I do remember the guy in the Newmar Dutch Star who had stayed at Bryn Mawr for the winter with his tail end facing the ocean. The salt had locked up his alternator and cooked it.

I wanted to ask him if the moonlight walks on the beach with his niece (or so it seemed) were worth it, but on at least this occasion, I kept my mouth shut.

BTW, there is an interesting write up in my SOB about parking on various surfaces.

It recommends that any RV should be parked on a cement pad only to insure proper ventilation and the avoidance of rust. Perhaps the worse surface to park on is gravel as it keeps circulating water underneath the coach.

But a night or two on the beach is probably worth the chore of a good rinse.

MangoMike
04-16-2006, 10:38 AM
A night or two on the beach can't be any worse than a winter in upper state New York.

Hit the beach. Life is short.

SaltyMango

Just Plain Jeff
04-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey Mango, you forgot about the niece part.

MangoMike
04-16-2006, 01:08 PM
JPJ,
I'm bringing mine to POG. ;)

Bring on the salt.

rfoster
04-17-2006, 12:00 AM
thanks to everyone for the comments and feedback.

I could always go and use the salt spray as an excuse to Jon - well uh Jon it was clean when I left home, I don,t understand where all this salt crap came from. Isn't anyone else having the same rust overnite?

Then maybe he would feel bad and help polish my wheels!
Roger

Jon Wehrenberg
04-17-2006, 07:42 AM
I won't feel bad if your wheels corrode, Roger. That will just make my painted Budd wheels look a little better.

BTW, Mango is the wheel polisher in this bunch. He will show us how to polish the holes next week.

Winchester just carpeted his wheels. That might be a look I could go for.

Just Plain Jeff
04-17-2006, 07:59 AM
For a night or two, it is sometimes OK not to worry about the little stuff...and OMG, just have fun.