PDA

View Full Version : Ferry Pilot Available

BrianE
11-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Will expect the spelling challenged bottom feeders to comment on this thread.

Am ferrying my dear old biplane to its new owner near Tallahassee next week and would like to avoid a crowded airliner on the return. Anyone needing a vehicle moved from the right side to the left, please PM or e-mail me. Have a CDL-A, an ATP and prof. experience with both wings (non-current IFR) and big wheels. Will make the trip for expenses, a deal for someone who needs a unit moved. :)

Coloradobus
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Brian,

Sorry, totally off topic. How do you like you VUE??

truk4u
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
What I wouldn't give for the ferry ride! Pack your snowsuit Brian, getting coooooold here in the south.:eek: You'll need more than your snoopy hat.:p

BrianE
11-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Jim & Chris,
So far, we really like it. We just got home from a fishing trip in Wyoming and hiking in Moab and had it in the snow and on muddy two tracks. It performed like a jeep. It tows well but is a little heavy at 4100 lbs for such a small car. We had M & G brakes installed on it toward the end of the trip and the braking improvement in the bus was noticeable. Road noise is quite a bit more than the Tahoe that it replaced but economy is much better.

Tom,
As a matter of fact, I will be wearing a snowmobile suit. Forcast for the next few days is for warm days in the SW through Texas. Am heading due south from Portland. Have no wish to be chipped out of the cockpit with an ice pick. :eek:

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Jim & Chris,
So far, we really like it. We just got home from a fishing trip in Wyoming and hiking in Moab and had it in the snow and on muddy two tracks. It performed like a jeep. It tows well but is a little heavy at 4100 lbs for such a small car. We had M & G brakes installed on it toward the end of the trip and the braking improvement in the bus was noticeable. Road noise is quite a bit more than the Tahoe that it replaced but economy is much better.

Tom,
As a matter of fact, I will be wearing a snowmobile suit. Forecast for the next few days is for warm days in the SW through Texas. Am heading due south from Portland. Have no wish to be chipped out of the cockpit with an ice pick. :eek:

Really sounds enjoyable even with all the potential pit falls.
Just wondering now that the seasons are changing and our group is in some snow and mountains.
This was touched on lightly a couple years ago, but I am wondering do most traveling out there have tire chains on board??????