PDA

View Full Version : Brain Trust question?

rmboies
11-04-2007, 11:37 AM
This isn't POG related but this brain trust is too valuable not to ask:D

Does anyone know of a small clothing manufacturer in the U.S.? Low volume to begin with, fabric and patterns supplied.

Thanks for any insight and/or contacts.

Debi

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Deb, maybe you can find someone listed on this site. Good luck. Can not recommend anyone. ;)
http://www.apparelsearch.com/America.htm

MangoMike
11-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey Debi,

I've got a bunch of 10 year old neighborhood kids looking for something to do for about 16 hours a day.

ooops forgot. They've got a gig with GAP.

Mango

rmboies
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey Debi,

I've got a bunch of 10 year old neighborhood kids looking for something to do for about 16 hours a day.
ooops forgot. They've got a gig with GAP.
Mango

Mango, it sounds to me like you need to move :D

Thanks for the link Jim........

Debi

lewpopp
11-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm a personal friend and acquaintance of Tommy Hilfiger. He's just plain hell to get a hold of. I used to get to him thru his mom but she passed this past spring.

I guess I'm just name dropping, ya think?

rmboies
11-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm a personal friend and acquaintance of Tommy Hilfiger. He's just plain hell to get a hold of. I used to get to him thru his mom but she passed this past spring.
I guess I'm just name dropping, ya think?

Lew, everytime you see me and I have a Tommy shirt or jeans on you "thank me" LOL Wonder who he used as his first set of garment seamstresses? He goes overseas now but I doubt he always has....if you get ahold of him please let me know....that would be very cool but I doubt he wants to help a bunch of fledging college kids trying to do a start-up business....you never know though!

Debi

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Lew, everytime you see me and I have a Tommy shirt or jeans on you "thank me" LOL Wonder who he used as his first set of garment seamstresses? He goes overseas now but I doubt he always has....if you get ahold of him please let me know....that would be very cool but I doubt he wants to help a bunch of fledging college kids trying to do a start-up business....you never know though!

Debi

OK Deb, now that I know exactly what your doing. I think if you sought out information from a college with a Fashion Design program that they might be able to steer you in the right direction.
A few for you to start with are:
SC:
Bob Jones U. Greenville 29614
Clemson U. 29631
Francis Marion College Florence 29501
Winthrop U. Rock Hill 29733
GA:
Art Institute Of Atlanta 30326
Clark Atlanta U 30314
Georgia southwestern College Americus 31709
OH:
Kent State U. 44242
Miami U. Oxford 45056
U. of Cincinnati 45221
NY:
Fashion Institute of Tech. New York 10007
Parsons School of Design New York 10011
RI:
Rhode Island School of Design Providence 02903

If you want more I will look them up. Let me Know.
JIM

rmboies
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=JIM CHALOUPKA;20029]OK Deb, now that I know exactly what your doing. I think if you sought out information from a college with a Fashion Design program that they might be able to steer you in the right direction.
A few for you to start with are:

will do, thanks Jim. Acutally, the kids already have their designs, idea, etc. and are looking for a small group to manufacture/sew them. I actually found that for them today, should they decide to have them made in the textile belt in the good old US of A!

Appreciate the input....

D.