PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Leak Update

bluevost
11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Thought I would update anybody interested in my coolant leak. Took the bus over to Mira Loma on Wed. morning. Luis is the technician that does all this kind of work on converted coaches. Showed him where the coolant was dripping. He pressurized the coolant system with a radiator cap attached to an air hose. It did not take long to find the source. Right where one of the hoses from the Webasto plugged into one of the water heater hoses. One of the problems was location. It was about 3 feet inboard from the bay door, with a narrow access between the water heaters and holding tanks. About a 36 sleeve would do the job. Mine is a 30.

I'm going to make a very long story short. It wasn't the hose at all. Turns out the plastic Y fitting had a small crack. It most likely got brittle over the years from heat, etc. I made a quick trip to Lowe's and bought a 1in. brass T fitting and that should do it.

All the hoses are silicone heater hose, and they "seem" to be fine. I am not considering changing any of them at this time.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow or Sat.

Ken