PDA

View Full Version : Nice Older Liberty

tdelorme
10-28-2007, 08:44 AM
This appears to be a real nice vintage coach. Most of these older coaches do not have a private potty room. I wonder if a private head could be installed if the washer/dryer combo was removed. My wife is asking this question and my reply to her was "don't mess with the systems. Her reply to me was, "ask anyway." So, would this be a possible remodel, or a sure fire PIA for years to come?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-40-ft-Prevost-Liberty-Marble-Bath-NR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50056QQihZ007QQitemZ 170163221850QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

MangoMike
10-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Mel Tourme,

My guess - way too much money for the value gained. However, the best guy to ask would be Doug at Excalibur Coach, who gave us some great info at POG4.

http://www.excaliburcoachus.com/

Excalibur Coach
1830 Bobby Lee Point Sanford, Florida 32771
Office 407-302-9139 Fax 407-302-9140
I-4 20 Miles West Of Daytona Beach (Exit 104)

MIke

PS I've found, the hard way, any input from the wife is helpful in the search of the perfect bus.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Plenty of pictures that's for sure.

I think that is the first time I have ever seen a generator in the bay that is normally reserved for plumbing and water tanks. They also do not show the size of the water tanks. Coincidence or not?

We would not be willing to compromise any water capacity for the additional space created by that generator location.

win42
10-28-2007, 11:18 AM
TD: We just went from a 40 ft. center bath to a 45 ft. with private camode area. The only change I saw was less width in the bath area making it more crowded for two people to pass. Close both doors with the center bath and you have more room to bath and dress but you will do it one at a time. The other way allows both in the same area, but crowded. That is a very well preserved (new) 91 Liberty.

Joe Cannarozzi
11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Just found this:

http://www.heartlandbus.com/VehicleDetail.cfm?StockNo=1319

If someone was looking for an affordable Liberty this looks taken care of.

tdelorme
11-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the link, Joe. Actually we bought the Liberty from Paul Davis this past Monday. We have been looking for six months or so without finding "exactly" what we wanted. This old coach is so nice and so affordable that it will serve us fine till the perfect one comes along. And, I am tired of spending the bucks on the plastic coach that can be spent on a bus. We will pick her up late next week after new tires and a trip through Prevost Texas. I had the computer checked last week and everything looked good with the exception of the MPG. The computer had never been reset and over the life of the coach the reader showed 5.7 MPG for the average. The mechanic who did the read said having the valves adjusted was going to help the MPG somewhat.
While not up to the status of TBC folks, we are now two coach club members for however long it takes to sell the Country Coach. It is a nice coach and will be on the Mr. Oliver's web site in a couple of weeks.
A big thanks to Jon who kinda walked me through this deal with alot of good information and encouragement. Stand by big guy, the question list is growing by the hour.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Uh, Ted....

I should have told you there is no perfect coach, and MPD is controllable, but not curable.

But as you continue the quest for the perfect coach, you have a fine one and you will enjoy it.

Joe Cannarozzi
11-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Did you get the one you were originally asking about in this thread?

That too is a lot for the money.

Congradulations.

Were has Viv been, this is what she too was looking for?

tdelorme
11-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Yea, Joe, that is the one we bought. Made the deal for a little less that the ask for price so that was good. We are the third owners and sometime along the way the coach had SS rub rails and updated head and tail lights installed. The old 8V92 is dry top and bottom which was a nice surprise.

Ray Davis
11-22-2007, 05:05 PM
5.7 MPG for a lifetime average doesn't sound at all bad for an 8V92. Mine always averaged between 5.5 and 6.0. Coming west it was 5.5 (up hills), and better going east.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Glad to see another older bus.

Since the start of this thread I have noticed that Liberty was in the habit of putting the Gen in the rear bay with the water tanks. The more recent Liberty I've listed is that way too. The 2 in this thread are the only 2 I've ever seen. Did they do this for a long time? How big of holding tanks can you accommodate in this fashion?

jack14r
11-22-2007, 09:12 PM
my 2005 liberty is configured that way with 160 fresh and 135 waste.

rfoster
11-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Ted: Congrats on the purchase of the Liberty. Looks like new and in great condition in the photos.

It appears You will always have MPD, I believe it to be chronic among a few of us and you can treat it, but never get cured.

May your engine be shiney and price of fuel go down. :cool:

Joe Cannarozzi
11-23-2007, 04:49 AM
Surprising, really no compromise in capacity at all.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Joe the layout you see is Liberty all the way.

Depending on the model, (length and equipment such as slides) they will juggle some othere things such as batteries around a little but the third bay configuration is the way they have always done it, along with the remote radiator in the second LH bay.

It puts the weight on the drive and tag and reduces the front axle weight so it is never exceding the rating.

It is also a rare Liberty that does not have the optional aux fuel tank or OTR. Those things are just the way they build them.

truk4u
11-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Congratulations Ted, looks good and now the fun begins.:D