PDA

View Full Version : AH, not so nice Coach

Coloradobus
10-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Marathon Coach 841, aka Prevost Vin number 3-4656 has shown up on www.philcooper.com site. No mention about being involved in a "head-on" collision. Prevost Dallas told me that this coach was hit "real" hard and was a Prevost/Marathon total loss. Prevost wanted to re-build it, but after the insurance company got a ahold of it, it was a goner.

MangoMike
10-26-2007, 03:14 PM
CB,

I have someone looking at a couple of H's. Can you link the specific coach listed on Phil's site.

Or email me. mike@mangomikes.com

Thanks
Mike

Ray Davis
10-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I would assume it's http://www.philcooper.com/details.php?v_id=364

That's the only Marathon H I see on Phil's site, that would be in the right vintage for number 841.

Ray

Kevin Erion
10-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I had Phil send me the Marathon specs on that coach, yes it is 841.
So much for the good price, thanks for the info Jim.
Kevin

jonnie
10-27-2007, 07:23 AM
You can run Carfax reports on buses and motorhomes. This is a good tool to use when purchasing any used vehicle. Also this bus should have a salvage title. I have learned to always ask what kind of title the vehicle has and physically inspect the title if possible

John

mikedee
10-27-2007, 04:53 PM
The Carfax report saved me a big mistake. I was looking at a 40' Country Coach that looked great and drove fine. We were just about to give in and pay what the dealer wanted when I ran a Carfax and found it had been a lemon law buyback in another state. The owner had moved the bus in and out of a couple states and the title I looked at appeared normal.

When I confronted the dealer about the title they faked surprize and I was no longer welcome on their property. I feel like the $20 I spent on the report was like a winning lottery ticket.

Coloradobus
10-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Found out today from Kevin E, that Marathon has dis-owned Coach 841. It is no longer a member of the Marathon Family. It has been struck from their coach list. Wohhhhhh!

Jon Wehrenberg
10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
I'll bet the folks that end up buying that will wish they spent $100 to join POG right after they make that first phone call to get some support from Marathon.

Does Phil Cooper know of the history?

Coloradobus
10-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes, Jon, while we were still on the road in New Hampshire 2 weeks ago surfing the web is when we spotted Coach 841. Friends we were travelling with, Alan and Diane and Chris and I decided we needed to call Phil. since. He has always been good to answer questions. We have notified him in the past when someone hijacked his photos and put them on Ebay. He told me he was told the front face had been replaced, but did not know about any other damage. I don't have the crash photos any longer.:(

Marathon will not have anything to do with the coach, period.

GDeen
10-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Wow - I am still in the "seek ye special coach" mode and keep up with Cooper's site. Noticed that bus and thought it looked to be a good deal. More education for the neophytes....

There is another H3 - 2000 model I believe that just showed up on RVonline. CC asking $317k I believe. Seems very low priced and causes me to be curious about its condition or history.

Coloradobus
10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
GDeen,

Country Coach made only 7 "H"3-45's. Some with slides. When we ended up with the 2000 Marathon, we first looked at CC # 60442. It was also a 2000 model "H" no slide. It had been neglected, so we passed it up in lieu of the Marathon. We had a 2001/1999 shell CC XL with 2 slides. It was one of 6 made with slide rooms.
Country Coach did a very nice job back then on their busses. One of the CC "H's", not the one we looked at, took a swim in drainage ditch, but I would have to call a friend to find out who owned it and its CC number. We saw it a CC Factory Service, in 2000 or maybe '01?.

With so low of miles on the RVonline coach, it may be a good price, but plan spending some money on chassis rubber products, maybe axle seals belts etc. They do rot over time as we found out in Quebec 2 1/2 weeks ago on our coach. It had 50,000 miles on it 3 years ago, and now 94,000. Alot of our bushings were gone or going. I am sad that Mira Loma didn't catch these things when we had our inspection. We were there January of this year and every year previous for 3 years, and these things were never caught. Got an education. The Prevost Quebec Factory Service Techs are the best.

GDeen
10-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks Jim for the info...here is the link if you wouldn't mind commenting on this specific bus:

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=38630&SearchMethod=1

Alek&Lucia
10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
GDeen,

I'm not sure but this link below shows I think the same bus : :confused:
It was sold few months ago, and it's back on the market :confused:

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=37198

Ray Davis
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Nice catch Alex. Interestly the owners reason for selling was lousy housing market. Darn, he only wants to make $20,000 for those couple of months of ownership!

Ray

Coloradobus
10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Alek and Lucia, You are right! Your link is the same as GDeen.

This coach should have I think 119 gallon black and grey tanks each and 208??? fresh water. Plus you have the 2 11.5 gallon hot water heaters. I will have to look it up in an old brochure if I still have one..
The bed is and east/west bed but the pillow will be on the curb side.
There is a swing-down TV that is over the entry steps. Audio/Visual stack is behind the driver. I think Parliment coach has another one that is a 2 slider that I think is sold. The patio awning is a ZipDee air/electric one. They work well, we had one our Marathon XLII.
Everything else is the same as most since appliances are usually close to the same.

GDeen
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I remember that bus now! Very different paint scheme and it was just off the market. Thanks for the follow up...

Jim Skiff
10-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Jim,

Thanks for letting members know what is going on out there.
Your posts on the subject are invaluable.

Jim

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-30-2007, 10:44 PM
http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=38630&SearchMethod=1

Gordon, everyone is correct about the 2000 CC H3-45 on RVOnline. It is exactly the same bus that was sold at Featherlite, in just the last month or two, and Robin Mc. @ Featherlite sold it for NOT $317,000, but $298,900.

IN FACT, if you look at RVOnline it is still listed, and just two spaces below the Current Owners listing site.

PRETTY FUNNY...:eek: :D

Gary S.

jack14r
05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
841 Marathon coach has shown up again on Phil Coopers Web site for $629,500,buyer beware.

MangoMike
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Phil did post that the unit has damage history.