PDA

View Full Version : Quebec City, Quebec Prevost Rally

garyde
10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I recieved in the mail the Prevost Rally invitation. July 7th to July 10, 2008.
$950.00 for two, early bird special. Its about 3200 miles, 45 driving hours from SB, CAlif. Tech. Seminars, Golf, Motorcycle rides, Helicoptor tours & more. Dry camping at Expo center, early registration Parks closest to events.
I might send in the $ just to hold a spot. Beats me if I can get away for 3 weeks but it would be a great trip. Last time I was in Quebec was in 1976 for the Olympics in Montreal traveling in my VW Bus.

dalej
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Gary, sounds like a very nice trip. I hope you can make it, sounds like a long way though.

If you go you have take a bunch of jpeg's to share with us left behind guys.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-24-2007, 06:53 AM
I am not a math major, but essentially you get to pay $1000 for three meals and maybe a round of golf.

If you choose to go on your own, on a different weekend you can dry camp at Prevost, get a factory tour, pay for your own meals and come out about $800 ahead. If you tell the folks at Prevost you might be buying another coach I'll bet they might buy you a lunch after the tour which will be a personal one instead of a crowd.

The seminar (if it holds true to what they morphed into the last year we were in the PP) is likely to be about the latest and greatest features of the new shells in the hopes you want to trade in your present one so you can get one of the first ones with the Volvo engine.

Just Plain Jeff
10-24-2007, 06:59 AM
If you like the New England area, y'all come up to Maine. We'll offer full-hook ups, a dinner, no sales pitch, fresh lobstah from the docks, golf, shopping and we speak English (more or less). You may have to listen to Fast Roger sing, "On the Road Again," but hey, nothing is free?

dalej
10-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Jeff, where do we sign up?...that sounds perfect! :)

Just Plain Jeff
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Well there Dale, if enough people want such a rally, I betchya we could figure something out.

Since that general timeframe is within the 'two weeks' of summer in Maine, it'd be a great time to bring the family and have a good old time. Maybe we could kick back, make some campfires, make S'Mores and tell some lies? Y'know, like....camping?

Anyone else?

Jerry Winchester
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
JPJ,

How did they finish planning the big time Prevost rally without you supplying us with an update or did I miss it?

Just Plain Jeff
10-24-2007, 07:02 PM
We didn't think that a helicopter rides, a dinner and a technical seminar was the complete 'schedule.' Still waiting for details.

Ray Davis
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I still think it's interesting. As mentioned previously, I recently got a copy of the Marathon quarterly magazine. Most of it was devoted to upcoming or previous rallies.

There were somewhere around 4-5 rallies listed coming up this next year, and all of them were in the range of $1500 to $3500!!! Yikes.

I was pretty shocked. Obviously, they have very nicely catered meals, but still it makes the POG rallies at $300-400 seem very reasonable. But, point is that $900 is not out of line with some of the converter's rallies. I certainly wouldn't expect Prevost to come up with a $350 rally! Nor would I expect them to have a session on "the leans" either! :)

Will Garner
10-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Jeff,

Coldest water on the planet is in the Saco River in July. I was there many years ago, about 40 would be right. I saw lots of Maine people having a ball swimming in the river so I decided to join them. Wow, I dove in and my feet never touched the river bottom. To this day I don't know how I did a U-turn in the middle of diving in order to land back on the shore covered in "goose bumps." How about installing some nuclear water heaters up stream of the camp ground for us thin blooded southerners! The wife is from Boston so bring on the lobsters. I understand there is a four day lobster festival in Augusta Maine perhaps in August. Could the Maine Rally schedule be arranged around that time?

garyde
10-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I know this group and anything promoting Prevost for some reason is a hard sale. Don't shoot the messenger but according to the Invitation, this Rally coincides with Quebec Citys 400th anniversary. So, there are a lot of festivities in the city. In addition to the dinners, they are providing entertainment by a internationally known artist. Probably Tony Orlando. (just kidding).
The fees for golf, Helicopter rides, etc. are seperate.

The Invitation comes with a questionaire asking if you would be interested in various types of Seminars. So that is going to be based on the response by Prevost owners and invited guests.
And Yes, they are offering a tour of the Prevost Factory.
Finally, they say space is limited so reserve early. This invitation is going out to all clubs , RV enthusiasts, and Prevost owners.
There will be a Converters exhibition as well.

Ray Davis
10-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Has anyone else received an invite? I haven't that I recall.

dalej
11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I had taked to Elizabeth Christen (spelling) from Prevost Quebec, and she said they had around 150
coachs signed up for the rally in Quebec. If you are thinking of going, you might not want to wait to long
to register. She said they would have room for 200-250 depending on how many bring trailers.

Ray Davis
11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Did anyone else receive an invite? I did not.

dalej
11-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Ray, if you own a Prevost...your invited!

http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cgi?page=rally

Ray Davis
11-16-2007, 04:07 PM
If I own two, can I go twice?!!! :eek: Fingers crossed, the TBC membership will expire on this Saturday!!!

Coloradobus
11-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Ray,

We received an invite to Prevost QC..But since we were there a month ago, we will pass in 2008. Too bad, I would like to go again. Quebec City has now become our favorite North American city.
The Old Walled City is truly unique and has the most "European feel" found no where else in N.A They are excavating in front of the Hotel Frontenac structures that were buried for preservation, but now will be on display for the 400th birthday. After the celebration they will be re-buried.
Oh, the restaurants, shops and the riverfront. Magnifique!!!
Getting around the language barrier, tho, is not bad. College French came in handy. Those words I didn't know, I asked. One word you might see on temporary road signs is,.....Travaux,,, means work ahead. Another is, ,,,Relantissez!!!...This is "Slow Down"
Most of the service techs at the factory service center do not speak english. The G.M ,Guillame Charron and Service Mgr, Stepan' Lord do, and are very easy to work with.
Contact Giselle Roy for tour info at the factory. She took Chris and me and the Neffs on a super personal tour. It amazing what they do with stainless!!.Panels and all!!
The service center is west of QC in St Nicolas. The factory is 45 minutes away to the south and a bit east in Ste Claire.
Ste Anne De Beau Prez is downriver from QC and a nice place for 1/2 a day. It is a ski area, but the surrounding town is neat. There is a suspension bridge and trails to falls to see there. Not quite the Capilano Suspension Bridge is Vancouver, but nice all the same.
QC is a fortress, and you can walk around the on the some of the walls. The river views are spectacular.
All the locals, vistors, and the like were great. Even on the local supermarket, The Metro, everyone bid us a "Merci" when leaving or a Bonjour, arriving.
Can't wait to go back, but not next year.

Anyone going, you will have a ball.