PDA

View Full Version : Cruise air filter maint

jello_jeep
10-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I finally had time to locate my cruise air filters for a cleaning session. I am not sure if ya'll have the same setup. My filters are merely a piece of window screen in front of the coils.

Is this what everyone else has? Two of mine are ez access, but the galley is not, the screen is 90 degrees to me and the only access is pulling out the spice cabinet drawer which is only 6 or 7 inches wide. I wonder if it would suffice to get a vacuum brush and clean it that way, as opposed to pulling the screen out.

Also mine are surrounded by black sheet metal strips held in with screws, but it does not seem necessary to take them out to pull the screen, you can just slide it out.

How do ya'll do it? :confused:

Jon Wehrenberg
10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
You pretty much describe what we have in our Liberty. I have foam filtration media and I have a wire mesh screen. I either vacuum or hose them with water.

jello_jeep
10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't have any foam with mine, just the wire window screen. I wonder if it had it originally, and someone threw it out, or if it only uses the screen? Hmm..

Jon Wehrenberg
10-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Different converters. Different times. Our old coach had a woven Brillo pad type screen and the current one has both. They may have been added later.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Jeep

Looks like they have been the same a far back as 86, that's what we have too. 1 easy 1 hard and one inaccessible without dismantling the kitchen cabinets. When I got to it I found oil tubes on the Dayton blower and squirrel cage that they used.

Do you know where all the drain tubes come down? We had one plugged up and another that comes down through the engine compartment clamped with a zip tie so tight it plugged it!

We kept the screens and added a filter sheet from Home Depo to the rear of the intake registers. I think they catch more and are easier to clean. Foam or mesh, either or both, cut to fit.

garyde
10-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Warren. I have 4 filters. 1 @ M. Bedrm back closet , remove screwed backpanel. 1@ Pantry bottom shelf, remove bottom stepped screwed shelf.
1@Panel@ Galley dining wall (this one all you can do is reach in blind ) & 1 @ O/H @ front door. ( the easiest)
All filters are 3/8" plastic mesh ,different sizes 12"X12" approx.

The front dash air filter is much harder - Remove custom Step grill (approx. 12 philips screw)
It took a while to find them all, so now its relative easy.

jello_jeep
10-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

More to follow on other goings on during this fix & clean mission later!

michaeldterry
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Can anyone help direct me to all the A/C filters on my 1996 Featherlite Vantare XL-45? I know that two of the Cruisair filters are in the the second or third driver side bay and I've cleaned those, but I can't seem to locate the filters for the third Cruisair or the dash A/C. Is there another owner of a similar vintage Vantare that can give me some guidance? Any help would be most appreciated!