PDA

View Full Version : Campground Transportation

Joe Cannarozzi
10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
With all the different stuff out there this thread has the potential of at least a few posts.

Found this today

www.rvrover.net

Will Garner
10-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Debbie and Joe,

Carole and I were thinking "Segway" after seeing them in Perry Georgia last March. Price then was $5K a piece. We are waiting to see if the price comes down as production numbers goes up. Our only unanswered question is about storage. That is will the lay down or do they have to stay upright all the time. Of course I did not think of the question while the Segway experts were at hand to answer it. I wonder if that is an age related problem?

wrongagain
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
http://www.ricksesv.com/cricket/
or even smaller,buy two, one for each foot.
http://www.a2bscooters.com/puelmibi.html

http://electric-scooter-world.com/Main.htm
personally I am torn, the little minibikes might be fun.
certainly cheap enough.
kind of like the late 60's honda 50.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Carol and Will

If you try to store it in the basement lying down be carful it may flip the bus on its side trying to right itself:rolleyes:

merle&louise
10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Will,

I first drove a Segway a few years ago. It is the neatest thing I have ever ridden. The price was $5,000 then and from your post it is still the same.
If I had Jon's money I'd have two; one for me and one for Louise!

I drove the thing inside a building @ LA Tech University. A professor had one and when I saw him tooling down the hall I asked him if I could ride it. After 2minutes of instruction, I jumped on it an took off. It is so cool:D

If they were less expensive, I think that I would buy one or two; but hey $10,000 !

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Gimme a break. I have to drive an old bus and my campground transportation is feet.

Petervs
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Jon, this happens to be 2007. Feet are prehistoric. Segway is the answer, and you really should join the current era.

I have had one for 4 years, and as Tuga says they are a blast. It fits in the bay real easy laying down ( so far my bus has not been flipped sideways either), the handlebar collapses, you leave it plugged in all the time and the smart charger keeps it fully charged. In 4 years, zero maintenance except for adding air to the tires once.

Oh, and if you shop carefully on eBay, you can buy one for half price, that is what I did.

dalej
10-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Peter, havn't heard much on the car hauler in a while...I just can't help but think it has pulled the back off your bus off! ;)

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Peter....I got my eye on those snazzy little seated models on TV that the guy from the Scooter Store tells me somebody else will pay for.

Get with it. Paying for stuff now is prehistoric. The new world order is to get the government to buy it for you. But until it does buy me a new bus and campground transportation I am stuck with my old vintage coach and feet.

Yeah...where have you been? We need somebody with some common sense to flog the rest of us to maintain the straight and narrow. I also need someone to help me with Joe Cannarozzi. He is still trying to get a dinner out of me because he puts nitrogen in tires and they never leak.

Petervs
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Jon,
Well, if you can get the government to pay for it that is great, but I am not willing to wait until I am too old and decrepit to have any fun. Before you or Brian chimes in, I realize I am already really close to that point, thank you all for planning to remind me.

And, no, the back of my bus is not ripped off. the worst I can foresee is in a huge bump and swerve combination the Smart might fly off into the next lane , but heck, that is what insurance is for.

As for the Nitrogen, well the best answer for that is that we all have nitrogen in the tires, but we who really know the needs of tires know that we want the oxygen/argon balance on the inside and outside to be equal for long tire life. Those who fill the insides with pure nitrogen claim they have no leaks, but the actual truth is that oxygen/argon is leaking INTO the tires by osmosis since the partial pressure of those is way too low on the inside. This masks the effect of the Nitrogen leaking out slowly. Those 100% Nitrogen guys believe they have no molecule loss from the inside of the tires but we know better!

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Joe....did you get that. What better source than Peter to bail my butt out on this one?

When he ain't selling nitrogen and osmosis by partial pressure he is selling suspenders for the back of his bus.

Joe Cannarozzi
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
You couldn't script this stuff any better.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Joe,

I sit here and read this stuff and end up laughing my butt off. You have to come to Sevierville in the Spring. Park the truck and make the trip. The rally is like a Broadway show, and this forum is like reruns on TV. You gotta meet everybody in person. I think my body guard "the undertaker" will be there.

dalej
10-15-2007, 08:56 PM
He's right on this one too Joe, you need to meet everyone. It just makes the writings that much better.

bill&jody
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
hey, i met 'im. where've all of you been?
we had our own pog 2.25, just before pog 2.5. great times, great buffalo wings, mediocre super bowl. :-)

cheers
wmm

Jerry Winchester
10-16-2007, 04:22 AM
I'm in Madrid today and I keep seeing all the Smart cars and their look alike versions and thinking that Peter is out on the curve with his rig.

However, after viewing one up close, I don't think me and a bag of chiccharonies would fit in the thing. I think I'll wait for the Smart II.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Your correct Jer, while there is amble head and elbow room in the Smart Car, there is only room for TWO (2) people, period.

When I test drove one of em here in Houston I found that out, and since it didn't even have room for our granddaughter in the Smartcar, it is out. Real fun to drive though, but for the inside room, in a small car, you need to have a Mini Cooper.

Gary S

rmboies
10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=Petervs;19107]Jon, this happens to be 2007. Feet are prehistoric. Segway is the answer, and you really should join the current era.

Peter, haven't you noticed? Jon uses his feet on a bicycle at rallies......good heart health and very prehistoric:D

lewpopp
10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey Jer, maybe they'll make one just for you and they'll call it a "Smartass". They will be having other series of those coming out. Oldsmobile came out with the eighty-eight, and Smartass is coming out with a Urinate. Just the car to piss around town.

garyde
10-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh Boy, Jerry , it looks like Lew is keeping an eye out for your next ride. I guess that's a good thing.

MangoMike
10-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey Lew, That was actually funny!

Heart surgery must be working in your favor.

MangoRama