PDA

View Full Version : Thursday thru Monday Rallies ?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I was talking with Loc a couple of weeks back, and he brought up a good point to think about. ( Yea I know what your thinking, but it really was Loc who thought about this ). :D

Why can't some of the rallys be held over a weekend? Start them say, on Thursday and have them end on a Monday. That way the people that are still in the daily work force, could possible schedule a 4 day weekend and catch at least some of the POG rally, instead of not being able to attend at all because it happens, Monday thru Saturdays? :confused: :rolleyes:

It all seems to make sense to me, but then again I don't have two cents to put in?

Just something to consider? or not?

Gary S

jonnie
10-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Gary,

I agree with you and LOC. Maybe this is something we should consider.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Makes sense. I would strongly suggest we time the rallies to occur before or after the tourist seasons however to minimize the crowding at certain venues. Because the Branson rally was after the traditional Labor Day end of season we had no problems getting good seats at the shows, including the Karioke show on Friday.

MangoMike
10-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Priceless....

phorner
10-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Speaking of rally's, where can I get some info on the next rally?

Since we're new at this, and Lew only has so much patience to answer my endless questions, I would sure like to take advantage of the technical seminars.

(Actually, Lew's been quite gracious and generous with his time and advice, but I wouldn't want to spoil his image)

How and where do we register for a rally??

Loc
10-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks Gary for giving me credit for an idea (good or bad). I would like to add that a rally during the summer over a weekend would be good for those of us who are still trying to pay for the bus and raise small impressionable children (then again maybe a POG rally isn't a good idea for the kids). We would like to attend a rally, but unless it is during the summer it probably won't work. Additionally, having a rally over a weekend, makes it more likely that we can get away and attend.

Jerry Winchester
10-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I would also add that Spring rallies are also easier / better for me than Fall ones because of football season.

It has accidentally worked out for the last two fall rallies, but I would hate to pit seeing The King and Sock Boy sing vs a home football game.

garyde
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I am not sure weekend rallies make any difference as I need one to two days coming and going therefore I would be traveling in the middle of two weeks instead of two weekends. West Coasters , we need to start thinking about POG V and a caravan to Nevada.