PDA

View Full Version : XL windows

jimblu
09-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi, I'm a new member and have received a lot of valuable information. I'm looking for opening windows to replaced the curved windows on an 89 XL. Any suggestions? I've searched the forums already, maybe I need search suggestions. Thank you!

Jim

Joe Cannarozzi
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello Jim, welcome.

I would try Prevost parts in Elgin. I priced them too and I think they are about 600 or so plus instalation.

jimblu
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Are they only available from Prevost?
I have two small sliders that aren't good for much, and have seen some awning type that look like they let in more air and keep out the rain, but does anyone that has them like them? Or are they not worth the trouble and expense for what they do?
I'm looking for something better than the sliders.....

Thank you!

Jim

Joe Cannarozzi
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Personal preference.

We also have the sliders. The other fashion is the newer style. I think maybe Peninsula might also have them.

I think I might prefer the sliders for driving with the windows open although keeping out rain while sitting is probably more important.

BrianE
10-01-2007, 04:07 PM
1. If you want windows you can open while driving, do not consider the newer awning type windows. The awning type however are excellent for ventilation and keep the rain out in no wind conditions, we like them a lot.
2. Anyone considering doing business with Peninsula Glass, please send me a PM or e-mail first.

wrongagain
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I have them and dont know if they are good or bad.
mostly because I have never had the other type but the driving with windows open is a valid point.
I have enough trouble keeping the mirrors on never mind having things in the rear to rip off on a tree.
joe, I sent you a PM if you are still watching this thread.

jimblu
10-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I put a lot of effort into getting the drivers air to work right, I'll be happy to have windows that let in more air while parked.

I'm not clear on whether Prevost also supplies the awning type, or is that the Peninsula model only, and are there any other suppliers?

Thank you!

Jim

Loc
10-03-2007, 09:16 AM
We had slider windows and changed them out for awning windows. I purchased the awning windows from Prevost. Our sliders were starting to delaminate and they were more expensive to replace than a new awning window. The awning windows are great for two reasons: 1) less obstruction when looking out the window - better view and 2) when open the rain doesn't come in the window if it is raining. The downside is that you can't open the window while driving to snap a picture or let some fresh air in. All in all, we like the awning windows better than the sliders, but its not like the sliders were bad.

Darl-Wilson
10-03-2007, 01:38 PM
QUOTE=Loc when open the rain doesn't come in the window if it is raining.

Just a simple question; does the rain come in if it isn't raining? Kinda like, if we had ham we could have ham and eggs if we had eggs. :D

Good luck with your new windows Loc! We love 'em.

Loc
10-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I would expect that kind of abuse from JBUB. If I hadn't put when raining, JBUB would have asked - when raining?