PDA

View Full Version : A truly sad tale...

Just Plain Jeff
09-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Not that long ago, it was Tom and Nancy in Big Red, the resplendent Marathon and Jeff n Helen in Florida, partying, having a wonderful time, enjoying their rivets and stainless. POG had all of about 25 members and we thought, we dreamt, somehow, someday, we might see about 50 members someday.

Yes, it was our dream, as it was in those days, that regular people who had an interest in Prevost campers would have a place to come, learn about their campers, work on them, understand them better and enjoy a sense of community and friendship amongst each other.

Fast forward to this evening.

The Resinmobileman and I sat together, our wives alone back at their respective homes, sharing a single TV dinner together in the Resinmobileman's coach, such as it is, in Branson. I don't have any rivets to sleep in tonight and Big Red, sadly has gone to Alabama, to be outfitted with a PTO for a sawmill, or some other use.

How did all of this happen?

Why did all of this happen?

So, in the dim, fading light of evening as we completed out frozen dinners, watching the Military Channel, talking about the old days as now aging soldiers, forgotten glories of the past and dreams that will not now come true.

Guess it must just be the fate of the oncoming years to accept that which has been provided and not wonder...what if?

Tomorrow, we have no plans except to go out and look at the beautiful coaches rolling into POG IV in this nice campground in the bright sun and perhaps help with parking assignments and remember the days gone by...

MangoMike
09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
JP,

Well I guess a few of us will just have to figure a way to "brighten" your day.

I'm sure we'll think of something.

mm

Just Plain Jeff
09-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I must admit that there is lingering hope.

But for two old soldiers watching the Military Channel on a 9" television, affixed to the Formica countertop with 2" drywall screws eating tv dinners made in a Wal-Mart microwave on paper plates, the only way to go is up.

With bifocals, we are straining our necks trying to get just the right position without too much squinting to see the picture clearly.

Bring duct tape. Old Tom's getting wet at night from the rips in the rubber rooftop. It is against 'city ordinance' to wash campers here in Branson, but that's ok because the resinmobile, at a resounding 31-feet is a leaky ship at best.

Maybe we should move over to my Astro van. At least that has a metal roof.

By the way Mr. MM, it appears that your claim of being a the 'founder' of the TBC is incorrect. A certain Mr. Wehrenberg claims that he holds that title and has been somewhat vociferous about that. He says, "Mango is the founder of the Permanent TBC." It may be splitting hairs, but since he has no computer access here at Branson that presents two options: 1) It is fair game to write anything about him and get away with it for several days and 2) He only brought 2 Lawrence Welk VHS tapes with him so he is a little cranky.

Kindly Harry has been viewing all of this and is just shaking his head. At least we have adult supervision here.

MangoMike
09-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Sadly I don't have any Lawrence Welk's tapes I can bring to P4. However, JDUB has lent me 4 box set collection of "The Dukes of Hazard" that I'll be glad to share.

...and I have note here saying that Harry will share his "Petticoat Junction" Betamax tapes.

Mike

rfoster
09-29-2007, 08:27 PM
This is Jon using the King's computer.

Don't worry too much about my crankiness, my Lawrence Welk tapes or my membership number in the two bus club. I am here witnessing two non-Prevost owner POG members trying hard to keep a stiff upper lip and put on a happy face as Prevost after Prevost rolls into this campground. I think that there should be a benefit dance or a spaghetti dinner with the proceeds to go toward either buying out their memberships or buying them a new Prevost. The whining is getting pretty bad. Specially in the public showers.

phorner
09-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Wow... now that's sad!

bill&jody
09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
hey you guys, if we were there we would be on your side . . . you can use our grill. . . or sleep in the trailer, jpj. jan and dale found it almost comfy in sturgis . . .
miss you all,
jody

play nice!!!!!!!!!

Just Plain Jeff
09-29-2007, 10:30 PM
We're reaching new lows.

Apparently the resinmobile's gray water tank capacity is about 4 gallons so Tom and I are resorting to the Public Showers.

Last time I was in a shower stall with another guy was with JDUB at POG I.

And you wonder why I don't frequent these rallies on a regular basis?