PDA

View Full Version : Best Coast Travelers

garyde
09-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I am leaving Saturday morning and will be picking up Kevin Orion in So. California on the way to Branson. We will be driving straight thru in my Coach. Neither of our families could make the trip . Looking forward to the trip.

dalej
09-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Gary, you two have a safe trip and we'll see you in Mo.

MangoMike
09-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Could this be the Turkey Tour I ;)

Mango

Ray Davis
09-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I am glad you guys hooked up to travel together. I had spoken to Kevin last week and suggested it. Have a GREAT time. I'll catch you on the next one.

Ray

rfoster
09-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Cosmos:

Caution Advisory from POG 2 Santa Fe. ' Don't let certain folks (racers) fill Fresh Water Tank.

Oh! If it is a Liberty it will be ok. They have an auto shut off system.

Sorry - couldn't resist. Time heals a lot of wounds and dries alot of carpet.:cool:

garyde
09-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Could this be the Turkey Tour I ;)

Mango

That's 'Officially Sanctioned Turkey Tour I' . Anyone care to participate in the Sponsorship of this once in a lifetime event?:cool:

truk4u
09-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey King, it wasn't the fresh water fill, is was the flush, but I would never tell on the red racer!:p

Gary, keep an eye on him, he hates to get passed....;)

Mango - Fly to ATL and you can experience the pleasure of helping me drive the plastic truckster, an event you are not likely to forget.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-23-2007, 12:05 PM
When I read turkey tour, right after I think about the clowns in POG, I think about Les Nessman in WKRP.

Will Garner
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Jon,

Right on, turkeys and Les just go together since that day of infamy over Cincinatti. Of course on the POG Turkey Tour I doubt our turkeys would have the same impact or news value as Les' did - ours are not frozen. Or are they?:D

Joe Cannarozzi
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Will your bus looks like a GMC buffalo or even a scenic-cruiser hiding behind those trees.

dalej
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Gary in your title....you meant west coast travelers right! you don't want to start dividing this group do you? Us in the mid section ain't got nutten.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE= ___Us in the mid section ain't got nutten.__[/QUOTE]

Dale, you got easy access to both coasts! :rolleyes:

dalej
09-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Jim, I just meant we don't have any oceans, we just have amber waves of grain. with birds to hunt and oh, clean air..did I mention drinking water that comes from the ground without a plastic bottle.

lewpopp
09-23-2007, 09:56 PM
You should make Harry the Grand Poo Pa of the Turkey Tour. In hia avitar he has a turkey in a comprmising position. NO?

garyde
09-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Ray, we're going to miss caravaning with you. I hope we can hook up soon. Roger, Kevin will be closely monitored. Jon, I recall Les always had a band-aid somewhere.
Dale, I am sure you know, your in the Heart of our Country. As far as Turkey Tour I, as Lew says; Harry already has that avatar.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Has anybody looked at Dale's POG member map and realized that we all are going into no man's land? There are zero POG members admitting they live near Branson, and in fact for miles around we will all be converging in a vast POG vacuum.

Scary......At least with everybody bringing shotguns they will have some form of protection.

dalej
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Jon, do you guys know your route yet?

JIM KELLER
09-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Has anybody looked at Dale's POG member map and realized that we all are going into no man's land? There are zero POG members admitting they live near Branson, and in fact for miles around we will all be converging in a vast POG vacuum.

Scary......At least with everybody bringing shotguns they will have some form of protection.

Jon, Is it true all roads leading into Branson are only 10 feet wide ? While looking at maps I realized there are no Intersetates even close.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Dale,

The King and I (I just love saying that) will be on I40 to Nashville, I24 up to I57 in IL, then I64 into MO then I44 to Springfield and then down to Branson.

Jim,

The reason the King and I (said it again) are going the above routing is because Di and I did the non-interstate routing through both Arkansas and southern MO in the past and while it is pretty, it is not wide and the roads in spots have so many and such tight turns that most of the time we were able to see our toad in the mirrors.

I'm a cruise control guy.