PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Luxury Coaches

meandmyprs
09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I know I have asked a million questions here but there is just so much to process in my search. What is the word on Millinium? quality, reputation, etc.

Thanks in advance

Jim Skiff
09-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I had a chance to tour their facility and look at the quality materials they put into their coaches. I met with the craftsmen and women who put Millennium Coaches together. I have also had a chance to meet with both Evelyn and Nelson and listen to their knowledge of the product.
They do an incredible job. But, I know there are members who own or who have owned their coaches that can say much more than I can. Todd and DebBob come to mind. Or ask Shane.:)

Denny
09-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Every coach owner thinks his/her coverter/coach is the best made. If not, they would not be driving it. Every converter has its good points and its bad points. I own a '99 Country Coach and their poor service and tech support has been openly blasted on this site and yet for the past 14 months of ownership I have everything good to say about them. They have gone out of their way to be of service to me.

In the past, some members on this group have vowed that they will only own a ???? coach and today they are driving a different brand. When I bought my first motorhome in 1992, I was nieve and thought it would last a life time. Two months later it was gone and now 15 years and six coaches later I have a Prevost.

Things change - our likes and dislikes, new models, styles and designs we have to have. Some of the finest coach converters and manufacturer are no longer in business. What is good today may not be good tomorrow.

Be fair to yourself, look at all brands and you will soon find what you want and can't live without. Find that one coach, regardless of converter, that gets your heart racing. Drive it, try it on, sleep with it and if everything feels good, buy it and don't look back. Don't make an impulse buy, use good judgement and remember everyday you do not have a Prevost is one day less you have to enjoy it.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Well said by Denny.

One of the things we have noticed is that a first time Prevost buyer tends to be motivated by decor or colors. After the purchase and after seeing other coaches and learning more about the systems by owning and using them, the owner realizes the new coach is not exactly what they wanted and they either wish they had done a little more homework prior to the purchase, or they end up taking a bit of financial hit, upgrading to a coach with a layout or systems to fit their needs.

There tends to be a lot of major choices such as over the road bus AC, private toilet, slides, roof airs or Cruise Airs, etc. The last person to ask for advice is the salesman.

MangoMike
09-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Mean to my parents,

Millennium wasn't on my radar until they showed up at POG I for a complete dog and pony show. I was impressed with their systems and their fresh approach to both design and system engineering. As Jon said I won't hesitate to make them part of my homework assignment.

Mike

rmboies
09-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I know I have asked a million questions here but there is just so much to process in my search. What is the word on Millinium? quality, reputation, etc.
Thanks in advance

We are very happy with our Millennium conversion. We have previously owned a Liberty and two Vantares which we also liked. From what we have gathered, Nelson enjoys the engineering aspects of conversions and making innovative changes ,many of which come from the marine/yachting world. Their interior design is always tastefully done and their workmanship is high quality. Nelson worked for Vantare for a number of years and has a lot of experience in what he believes works well and conversely, what changes need to be made.

Millennium is a very small convertor, compared to Liberty, Vantare, Marathon, CC, but they are growing. With growth comes growing pains and to me, their sales department and communication department is suffering. They have a fantastic service manager, Brian, but he cannot be everywhere at once. He is great at accepting phone calls and trying to help you work through an issue when he is available.

I would definitely suggest that you put them on your list of conversions to consider. It has been our experience that when you see that special coach you will know it. Unfortunately we have seen too many that have been special to us and that is why we are still in the two bus club:D Best of luck with your search and if you have any specific questions about our thoughts on Millennium please give us a shout or email us privately.

meandmyprs
09-22-2007, 09:04 AM
thanks everyone....getting closer!