PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Hub Covers

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Found these on Ebay, and thought I would pass them on to you guys, SINCE I still don't have a need YET ? :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290160990002&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Gary S.

Petervs
09-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Those wheel covers are made by this company:
http://www.realwheels.com/

I have them on my bus. They make several styles. They are first quality. They have nice little clamps that attach to the outermost thread of the wheel lug, there has to be a thread sticking out past the lug nut, or else you will have to machine the lug nut down 1/8th inch.

I set up an account with Real Wheels and they extended to me a 30% discount as a "dealer". I would be happy to order any covers for POG folks and pass along the savings.

Seems to me the cost was about $450 for all 6 covers, but don't hold me to that.

There goes the market for the marathon Peanut style covers!

Joe Cannarozzi
09-20-2007, 11:53 AM
450 for a set of hub caps.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm in the wrong buisness.

Troy Stone
09-23-2007, 09:00 AM
I have a set of these in my garage on the list of things to do! I need to customize my lugs to fit next.

I ordered a set after looking at Frank's Liberty demo parked next to me at a race track...about two years ago.

Thanks for the help.

Petervs
09-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Well, my Marathon coach has long enough studs to install the wheel covers directly. When we went to install them on Brian's Liberty conversion, the studs came up short, like so many things when you compare a Liberty to a Marathon......

Brian simply removed the lug nuts and had 1/8 inch machined off the top surface. This made the nut a little thinner and allowed one stud thread to show through so the clamps would fit. I suppose it makes the nuts a little weaker, but not enough to matter.

If you want a photo, you will have to ask Brian Esler to send you a picture. Any machine shop can do it. You will need to do 4 nuts per wheel.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Us Liberty guys have been pretty good to you Marathon guys, despite the fact JDUB and Mango both got Marathons, a situation that was screaming for a little rivalry. You don't want to start that up do you old boy?

I can see us with a scorched earth discussion, at the conclusion of which nobody will be buying a Liberty or Marathon because we will have scared everybody.

MangoMike
09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm one of the few guys in the group, (along with Jack14r) that can honestly say that both converters are first class.

No scorched earth from me.

Mike

Petervs
09-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Jon,
I thought everyone on POG was supposed to have a thick skin, and ribbing was allowed and encouraged in all directions at every opportunity!

Had I omitted the reference above I am sure I would have been chided by someone for leaving such a wonderful opportunity unused.

I really had no choice whatever.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2007, 07:53 PM
When will you learn Peter....we are all fair game, we are expected to twist the most innocent comments into insults, and we are to take no prisoners.

It just gets a little scary when you can call Brian a nut and get away with it.

I quote: "This made the nut a little thinner..." and to make a reference to Brian's stature calling the stud a little short.

No wonder we all need a thick skin.

jack14r
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Mike,you are right,but I sure am happy to only have one.

Jerry Winchester
09-24-2007, 08:15 PM
in the same sentence?

truk4u
09-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Thick Skin! Hell I've gone to armor plating....:rolleyes:

If your feeling get hurt with this bunch, ya better ask for your 100 bucks back, it won't get any better.:D

Troy Stone
09-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Peter,

Thanks for the clarification on the lug nuts. That is one of the ideas we had but have yet to implement.

We had a couple more..but I have forgotten what they were. My wifes idea is just buy a new bus with the wheel covers! Hope she gets a second job.

Troy

MangoMike
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Jack14r,

For the other members of the TBC, all I can say is "Ouch".

Mike

BrianE
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Jon,

I'm sure Peter wasn't quick enough to pick up on the back-handed reference to my height. What I lack in height, Peter has been known to more than make up for in girth. Recent changes in lifestye however have made it possible for him to fit under his coach like many of us are prone to do. Being and "upright" kind of guy, I'm sure you understand. :D

Back to the subject at hand: Realwheels seem to work very well even if they are pricey. Machining the lug nuts took me about 10 minutes on the lathe and is not a big deal. http://www.realwheels.com/coverup.html

jello_jeep
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Dang, where does he get those neat pictures! :)

in the same sentence?

jello_jeep
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Back to the lollypop of mediocrity !!! LOL

Thick Skin! Hell I've gone to armor plating....:rolleyes:

If your feeling get hurt with this bunch, ya better ask for your 100 bucks back, it won't get any better.:D

Jon Wehrenberg
09-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Brian, If you and I don't keep Peter in line, nobody will. His style is hit and run. He will blast us with some knowledge or a few digs about Liberty from his antique Marathon, and then he is gone for another month.

I got your back. If you are coming to Branson remind me to tell you of my plane saga.