PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Help Needed

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
While on our last trip in Cherokee,NC I tried to use my laptop with the campgrounds WI-FI which I paid for. I use the wireless card "Linksys" and it works well with no problems at home. In NC I never could get to the point to where you would put in the resorts code. Is there someone out here that would be willing to help me understand how to get this to work?:D Like I said, I have no problem at home using wireless. I have an older Compaq Presario 2100 if that helps. I couldn't get to the point to where I could choose the resort's network. Any suggestions? Sandy

dalej
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Sandy are you running Window 2000 or XP?

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Dale, I am running XP. I will say also that I am not great with the computer but Ed does have alot of knowledge with them. He could not get it to work out there either. It kept saying"Make sure that the wireless button is on". I never have seen a button as stated and as I said, it works with me at home, as I am using at this moment. Thanks, Sandy

dalej
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
XP is good, if you call me later today around 3 or so, I can walk you through the steps.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Thank you so much, Dale. I will have to say it will have to after 4pmEST as I have to go and get my 3rd. epidural injection in my lower back so I will be able to sit and travel to Branson. Don't want to be in pain while having alot of fun with our new family and friends. My number is 305-294-6440 or you can give me your number and I will call you when I return home. What ever is best for you. Again thank you so much for your time. Sandy

Ray Davis
09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Could it be as simple as you didn't have enough signal where your coach was? This is very common in many parks. It's often a complaint that the wireless is weak, especially at further camp sites?

Otherwise, it really shouldn't be much different than your use at home.

Ray

MangoMike
09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Ed & Sandy,

Both JDUB and I have this wifi in the bus.

A plan B for you.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/KR1/KR1pg1.html

Mike