PDA

View Full Version : Re sizing pictures

Joe Cannarozzi
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't believe, me, the computer illiterate is gonna attempt to explain this but here goes.

First its manage attachments then browse. When you select a file and then a photo, right click on the photo, options will come up and left click on edit. Then select re-size with a left click. It should display some pre-set dimensions or choose your own. I have been going with my own, 600 by 400 pixels. Make sure to hit O/K before exiting and upon doing that it will then ask to save changes, yes.

Then its open and upload and you got it.

That is how this gadget works:eek:

If anyone is helped by this it will be a true testament to the power of POG:o

Ray Davis
09-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Danger with this Joe is that you're saving your lo-res image right on top of your high-res image, which you might want later for printing.

Rather than Save, do a "Save-As", and chose a new name to save, like img0023-600x400.jpg That way, you always have your high resolution original to use for other purposes or sizes. once you've saved over with lower resolution, you've lost it.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Tried all that. Can't post pictures.

dalej
09-19-2007, 07:56 AM
I know one demo we can do at POGV!!! Or a Q&A with laptops! ;)

MangoMike
09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Jon,

Did you try out this website, as posted by one of the members, to resize photos, keeping them less than 600 pixels wide?

http://quickthumbnail.com/

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
My picture sizes are OK. I get an internet warning.

rbeecher
09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Jon,

Did you try out this website, as posted by one of the members, to resize photos, keeping them less than 600 pixels wide?

http://quickthumbnail.com/

Mike
Mango,

I tried the website, more than once and in fact had Barbara, my technical guru overseeing which keys I was punching and we couldn't get them to convert.

I will try Joe and Ray's instructions as well and see what happens. We have all these pictures of the bus but can't seem to get them out to the group.

BTW, these are all digital camera photos in jpeg format in a 2850mb size.

I'm open to any suggestions as I like to keep my promises and don't want to suffer the wrath of the group.

Richard and Barbara Beecher
02 Marathon XLII
96 Vogue 40 XL for sale

MangoMike
09-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Richard,

If they truly are 2850mb then you probably do have a problem. My guess is that they're 2850kb.

If all else fails, email them to me and I'll be glad to post for you.

mike@mangomikes.com

Mike

dalej
09-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Richard, do you have an image editing software on your pc? like adobe elements or somthing you can resize or save a copy for the web?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-22-2007, 08:23 AM
I may have got this thing figured out.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Looks good. Is that the new Vette or a new emblem for the DD? :eek: :D

What did you have to do to post, reduce the size a little more than specified?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes....it is under the size specified by a lot. The frustrating part is the original size is the same as all the pictures I was previously able to post and is less than 10% of the size my window says is allowable for jpg or jpeg photos.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-22-2007, 09:06 AM
A demo is a great idea, Dale!! I would appreciate your help and I'm sure others would. Sandy

garyde
09-22-2007, 12:30 PM
1677 Kids on ATV1676 Parked @ Cabin in McCall
1678 The side of the road in Nevada after losing Awning

Thsi took a little figuring out on how to re-size but I finally understood what Joe was saying. Thanks Joe.

phorner
09-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Jon,

Glad to see that you've got it figured out. For a while, I thought it was just me!!

I know that even at the lowest resolution on my camera, I still have to re-size smaller to get the picture to up-load.

Sure is a nice shade of red...... reminds me a bit of my old 1970 convertible....350/350, 4 speed, factory side pipes... ah, those were the days!

Ray Davis
09-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Jon,

Glad you figured it out. Something has definitely changed, as I was able to post much larger images prior, AND the forum limits are set to a much higher size. But still, anything larger than 600 pixels doesn't work for me. I get the same "error" window.

What did you change to make it work?

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I went in and dropped it to 90% of 640 X 480 which brought everything down below 600 despite the fact my window on attaching a picture shows a sixe of 6000 square is acceptable. Shame on me for assuming 640 X 480 is less size than 600 X 600 and that the allowable listed size of 6000 meant it, and finally for assuming since my pictures posted previously were 640 X 480 that the problem wasn't size.

Size does matter. (Had to throw that in)

Jon Wehrenberg
09-22-2007, 06:34 PM
The red is Victory Red off of this.....

Ray Davis
09-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Size does matter

As I posted in that previous thread, for whatever reason, anything larger that 600 pixels in either dimension will fail. Don't know why, as forum limits are set higher. It's more likely a web server setting, which hasn't been correctly setup. Uploads to a webserver, without special "tools" are dicey at best, and require careful setting of web service parameters, which probably didn't get fully transferred from previous server.

Ray

dalej
09-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Now to me, it looks like you use your gator for a service truck!

rbeecher
09-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Richard,

If they truly are 2850mb then you probably do have a problem. My guess is that they're 2850kb.

If all else fails, email them to me and I'll be glad to post for you.

mike@mangomikes.com

Mike
Mango,

Sorry for the late reply, it's been busy here at the track and we just now came back in the bus.

The photos are 2850kb. I will spend some more time on this later tomorrow or sometime Monday. I don't give up on these challenges easily and let you all know if I am successful.

Dale, I don't think I have the editing software but I'll have another look.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Richard

Jon Wehrenberg
09-23-2007, 07:10 AM
My gator is my workhorse, and I carry all my normal tools like shovels, rakes, weedwackers, chain saw, roundup sprayers, etc.

When the tools aren't there I am using it to spread mulch. I spread two semi loads each year (100 cu. yds) to keep the weeds from taking over, and to prevent erosion on the side of the hill.

I love the smell of diesel in the morning.