PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Hub Cap Wanted

MangoMike
09-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Top price paid for "peanut" style Marathon Hub Cap.

Only one needed. Will apply blue locktite in the future after checking hub oil level. ;)

Lew - check out the Ace Bay, I'm sure you have one hid down there.

Mike

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Mike I scoured the web to see if I had any luck finding you ( 1 ) Hubcap, but I couldn't find any without the coach attached? Sorry will keep looking.

Have you been back over every road, twist and turn since you noticed the cap was gone? Maybe you will see it laying by the side of the road????

Gary S.

dalej
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Mike, you can tell me....did you scratch it against something?

dalej
09-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Mike, do you want me to pick one up for you at Midnight Auto in the KOA around the first part of October? I heard there will be a few bus's there at that time. ;)

How much???

tdelorme
09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking you may have already done it, but a google search for rv salvage will turn up several outfits that might be worth calling. A couple are:
azrvinc.com

singletonsrv.com

MangoMike
09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Gary,

Somewhere along the PA turnpike Westbound from Breezewood to the Ohio line. Keep your eyes open. ;)

Dale,

No it wasn't another "Jimmy Buffet Incident".

Good idea on the Midnight Auto - just make sure they are Proud members.

Mel Torme,

I love your music.

Good suggestion as I just posted on the site for items wanted. Never knew about those guys.

MIke

Jerry Winchester
09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
So how much was the new one from Marathon?

Petervs
09-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I have one for you! Really!

call me. 360-901-7611
Peter

dalej
09-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Is this a great group or what. that's great Peter

MangoMike
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
JDUB,

I'll tell you... after I negotiate with Peter :)

Mike

MangoMike
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
The guys over at stuff need to hear another reason to join POG. Look how fast this developed.

Peter rose to the occasion and is UPSing one my way. I'll be sending him some Lewbucks and can't thank him enough as I won't be chided when I hit POG IV.

New ones from Marathon are $520.

Mike

Just Plain Jeff
09-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I won't be chided when I hit POG IV.

Don't forget I still have The Pictures.

Heh-heh.

Jerry Winchester
09-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Are you sure it's $520 or did you take the bait on a PlastiKrakster drive by?

Not that I need one, but I'll sure go tighten the screws up some if they are that expensive.

MangoMike
09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
The plasticwonderman thought he was pulling my chain, but his estimate was actually a $100 lower than Marathon's real price. Better get out that Blue Loctite (recommended by Marathon).

As I recall your guess was $40.

Mango

Abaco
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I have these hub caps and hate them. Can anyone recommend one they like besides the Marahthon ones talked about here for $500 a set ? I saw from other posts that there are 3 suppliers I can find. Realwheels, HubKing, and Tkane. Which ones can you guys suggest that are easy to install, less likley to vibrate off and easy to clean. Looks like the Marathon style is easy to clean.

I also need two of these faded lens covers for the entry door and a side light. Not a Prevost item. Truck stop ? The other picture if of the spring loaded latch on the sliding entry door window. It won't snap shut. Prevost has them for $75. I think I'll take it apart and see if I can tighten it up.

BenC
09-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I have these hub caps and hate them. Can anyone recommend one they like besides the Marahthon ones talked about here for $500 a set ? I saw from other posts that there are 3 suppliers I can find. Realwheels, HubKing, and Tkane. Which ones can you guys suggest that are easy to install, less likley to vibrate off and easy to clean. Looks like the Marathon style is easy to clean.

I also need two of these faded lens covers for the entry door and a side light. Not a Prevost item. Truck stop ? The other picture if of the spring loaded latch on the sliding entry door window. It won't snap shut. Prevost has them for $75. I think I'll take it apart and see if I can tighten it up.

The Wheel Covers you have are RealWheels, but the TKane Covers are about the only ones offered today that cover up the lug nuts. They were used in the 2000's by Vantare, Newell Coach, and several others and are still in production. If you just need to replace the nut covers, consider alcoa. They utilize both styles, the clip-on and the screw on. www.Alcoawheelaccessories.com then look for the accessories catelogue in pdf.

The light over your doorway is a GM pickup Cargo light. The light base is unavailable, but the lens is still available through GM dealers but is special order.

BoaterAl
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Mark,
Take a look at the lens for mfg. info. If made by ...Peterson Mfg. Inc. their logo is PM letters in center of stop sign octagon you have hit the lotto. World headquarters is right down the street from where we live. If that is PM send me a private mail, I'll try to help you.
Ben, if you ever need Peterson lens help, let me know.

truk4u
09-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Abaco,

I replaced all my lenses a few years back on my Liberty and found them in an auto parts catalog for 3.00 each. I can't remember the name, but if you will PM Jim Keller, he will probably remember the name. I think it was something like L & M parts. You get the lens and gasket.

Abaco
09-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks. The lenses on the side markers are good but I'd consider the whole LED upgrade. I saw some adapter kits but then I found this site and the whole assemblies are only about $6 each for the side markers. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Ftruck_lights.htm%23wlcwhp10

I thought they were more than that. Any recommendations from someone who already researched this ? Would change out the rears too which are more like $50 each on this site anyway. Used the search bar in this forum for "LED" but no results.

JIM KELLER
09-14-2011, 02:11 PM
For anyone looking for a lamp like the one listed in this hubcap thread, they are the same as a cargo light above the rear window facing the bed of a chevrolet pickup. Google L & M Truck. Enter Chevrolet Pickup, 67 - 72, cargo lamp. They have lenses, gaskets, housings, etc. Many Converters used them as Curb Lights on Cargo Doors.