PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New POG member here (Photos)

Alek&Lucia
09-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Here are the promised photos of our GADGET at our house 2 hours SW of Chicago :) 10 days from now we will be on our way to Branson :D :D :D

garyde
09-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Great Shots. I like the Toy Garage. I have been trying to figure out what kind of Shelter I could design / build and keep my neighbors from torching it.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Close to Peoria, possibly down by the river?

Pretty yard, nice to know you. If you ever need help with anything let me know, we are close.

Alek&Lucia
09-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Thank You.
We are 40 miles North of Peoria at Lake Thunderbird in Putnam, ILLINOIS.
Great fishing, nice clean lake.
www.LakeThunderbirdHome.com (http://www.LakeThunderbirdHome.com)

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Welcome Alek&Lucia. Good looking bus and interesting garage port. What's the deal with the door? Does zoning prevent seeing the bus from the road? Looking forward to meeting you. :)

Alek&Lucia
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
No zoning problems, for the tax reasons: it's a car port. For neighbor reason: it has a door so nobody knows if we are home or on the road. For winter our GADGET goes to a full heated garage, and we keep our boat under the carport :p

Alek & Lucia + 2 Briards

Welcome Alek&Lucia. Good looking bus and interesting garage port. What's the deal with the door? Does zoning prevent seeing the bus from the road? Looking forward to meeting you. :)

Ray Davis
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
For neighbor reason: it has a door so nobody knows if we are home

Am I missing something. Walking 10 feet to the side shows a wide open view of the inside of the carport. It would seem that it's fairly obvious if theres a bus in there or not?

Do you have side walls which come down?

Ray

Alek&Lucia
09-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Perhaps I should rephrase this: not neighbors, but passersby.
Our house and garages are about 350' from the road, and the property is wooded. No side walls are needed. We have about 3 acres. Woods on one side and lake on other. Besides there is nothing better, than walking out from your house and the next thing you see is your favorite toy.

Alek&Lucia
09-24-2007, 02:39 PM
To answer the question, our garage door is 14' x 14'. H345 will fit
I'm getting a MPD attack again , and I'm deciding to keep my coach till spring or list somewhere now.

Alek

Ray Davis
09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
and I'm deciding to keep my coach till spring or list somewhere now

Am I missing something here? Didn't you just purchase your coach? You looking to get out of it already? :eek:

ray

MangoMike
09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Ray,

Could be another member of the TBC.

Mike

Alek&Lucia
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Ray,

No. This is our 4-th coach, and we have had it for 3 years already. We are already immune to current MPD medication, and the next dose has to be administered soon via 45' something with 8 wheels..... :eek: :rolleyes:

Ray Davis
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Alek,

I guess I mixed you up with one of the other new POG members who just got their bus! Watch out for that special form of MPD that's out there now. It's a variant that specifically wants stainless, without rivets!! :eek:

I understand there is no cure, but symptoms can be alleviated for a couple of years!

Ray

dalej
09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Ray, thats easy to do....there are bus's being bought and sold on this site almost weekly and with the new members. I would like everyone to list more info on the bottom of the map so we could kind of keep up with everyone.