PDA

View Full Version : Great new Bus

Danss
09-14-2007, 07:43 PM
My New Bus down here in South Miss.

dale farley
09-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Great looking bus. Deifinitely a "one of a kind".

rfoster
09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Thats a Pretty Nice Bus, how much yall want for it? I know a guy in Georgia looking for a metal bus, well at least most of it metal.

lewpopp
09-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Roger, everyone says it would look good in your line up on the front row. Is there any truth to that?

tdelorme
09-14-2007, 09:32 PM
It always happens. Some outfit buys out a good company and the quality goes down the crapper. That coach ain't even got a satelite dish. But, no plastic, she's all steel (and OSB). Got the tag raised up too.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2007, 06:44 AM
The lack of OTR and the fact that it only has a single roof air takes it off my short list.

I understand Truk is still in the hunt. I would not be surprised to see that show up in Branson.

truk4u
09-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow, I like it... Where in Tennessee can it be seen?:p

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm almost certain that RV park that has a limit on the 10 year old coaches might be rewording their policy so coaches like that would be allowed.

Maybe it is my twisted mind, but I would get a copy of their restrictions and if it does not specify chassis date, I would attempt to get that coach parked in that campground because I just know the conversion is way less than 10 years old.

That needs to be next to JDUB's Marathon.

garyde
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Awesome Paint and Graphics. Any convertors want to own up?

rfoster
10-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Ray: You missed the Rally, so fess up with some post and pics of the new bus. It is time to Report in.:cool:

Ray Davis
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Just got back to CA on Saturday afternoon, after picking up my new bus in Dallas on Wednesday. Had hoped to get on the road a bit earlier than Wednesday late afternoon, but was having a couple of issues found during PDI dealt with at Prevost in Dallas.

Here's a couple of pictures. We are now proud owners of a 2002 Marathon, XL2 40ft, no slides.

Drove home from Dallas, and bus rides like a dream. Love it.

Ray

Ray Davis
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
PS: Can't wait to get my internet installed on this bus. Tried using wireless at a couple of campgrounds while enroute to CA. IMPOSSIBLE! :eek:

rmboies
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Here's a couple of pictures. We are now proud owners of a 2002 Marathon, XL2 40ft, no slides.
Drove home from Dallas, and bus rides like a dream. Love it.
Ray[/QUOTE]

Beautiful coach Ray, and glad to see you still have some red on the exterior--just wouldn't be the same to see you without some red on your coach:D

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
That's a beauty. To bad the timing would not allow you to bring it to Branson.

dalej
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Looks Great Ray, can't wait to see it in person!

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey Ray, how come you didn't take the Matching H2 Hummer with the bus? It too was very cool.

You will look way cool driving down the highway in that bus. Very nice..!

Gary S.

Ray Davis
10-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey Ray, how come you didn't take the Matching H2 Hummer with the bus?

Actually Gary, I did come close on the Hummer. Problem was that I made the "deal" on the bus alone, and to go back and purchase the Hummer didn't provide the wiggle room I needed. If I had really thought about it, I would have offered a different package deal at the start.

The Hummer was nice, but nothing I needed. I'm thinking of grabbing a blue (maybe red/white stripes) convertable mini for towing!

Ray

rbeecher
10-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Ray,

Really beautiful bus absolutely love the exterior and the the interior is just as nice.

I would have loved to find a 40 footer like yours as we are now over length with our 24 feet of trailer attached.

Hope we get to see it in person at a rally soon.

The Marathons are coming, the Marathons are coming ...

Richard Beecher
2002 Marathon XLII 45
1996 Vogue 40 - for sale

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Looks real sharp Ray. I especially like the blue and it seems that you have an extra bright polish on the stainless! How does the ride compare to the old rig?
JIM

MangoMike
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Ray,

Congratulations and welcome to the MClub.

Time now to update the backdrop on your avatar.

Mike

rfoster
10-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Ray: Good Job, looks great. I know you and the Ms are truly excited and pleased with that new beautiful coach. I am envious, All you guys and gals getting these new buses and for the most part they are in the "M" Club. Whats up with that? Country Coach is coming on strong too.

I know were you can get a matching Mini Convertible.:cool:

Ray Davis
10-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I know were you can get a matching Mini Convertible.

Tell me more! I'm interested in a convertable mini. Was gonna get a nice red one for my previous coach, but now I'm gonna have to change colors!

As for joining the M-club, it was more a matter of what was available in the type of coach I wanted. In CA it requires a class-B license to drive a 45 foot coach, which I don't yet have. Didn't really want 45 ft OR slides, as both add significantly to price, which again in CA turns into higher yearly fees.

So, inventory seems to drive a 40ft no-slide XL2 purchase.

Speaking also of the M-club, by purchasing a Marathon, I was invited to join the real "M-Club", i.e. the Marathon club. They gave me the last published quarterly magazine. It was interesting to learn that there were approximately 5 rallies scheduled in upcoming months, ranging in price from around $1800 to $3500!!! :eek:

It made me think about the Prevost rally in Quebec this coming summer. Given the normal Marathon rally prices, they were right inline there.

Makes our POG rallies seem to be a real BARGAIN!

Ray

ps: Each Marathon rally I looked at had only one tech session listed! Different focus, indeed.

bill&jody
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
beautiful coach davis' - congrats! pretty shiny paint job!

dale farley
10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Ray, You do have a beautiful coach. I love that blue, red and stainless exterior. Hope to see it at the next rally. You did good!

mikedee
10-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice bus, we love our XLII 40 and I am sure you will too. Great choice.

garyde
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Nice, very nice. Congradulations Ray. I am sure you and Kathy had a Blast coming home. I am looking forward to caravaning with you soon. Gary

Jerry Winchester
10-16-2007, 04:06 AM
Pretty sweet ride for sure. I think you needed that Hummer for sure. With some Mater teeth for added appeal.

truk4u
10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Great looking Marathon Ray, can't wait to see it in person.

mike kerley
10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Nice job Ray. Great looking coach.

Now for the big dish with the blue glow!

Hope to see it and you in person soon.

Mike and Karen

rfoster
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
It has come to my attention that certain member/s have included in their signature line something on the lines of "TBC Founding Member". For you Noobies(new owner of bus) that means "two bus club". Thats right 2 buses in their garage & on their insurance policy. Thats okay with me, put whatever you like in your signature line and hope the thread police don't give you a ticket.

Now believe it or not I had the opportunity to discuss with a certain individual that could be confusing as it could mean 3 buses.

Ewwewwweeee, imagine that!

I offer the following suggestion: Instead of TBC - change it to 2BC or 3BC. This avoids the potential for confusion.
Thats my 2 cents.:cool:

hhoppe
10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
The last two fuel loads were $ 3.19 per gal.
Ouch!

If you wanna play you have to pay. Were finally back in Reno and headed for Grass Valley today.