PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Sites to See ?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Peg and I will be in Nashville, for two days 9-25 & 26, while Peg is at a Structure Seminar for work. I would like some input on places to see and things to do during the day.

Are there any Prevost places to go see, used Prevost dealers or lots to visit? Tours that I shouldn't miss taking?

Peg will be working but I am just along for the ride. We are flying in and I should have a car to get around in so let me know where to go.

Thanks,

Gary S.

dalej
09-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Gary, about the only thing I know is there is a lot of historic things down town along the river, you could spend a day just walking around down there, If you like the music stuff.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Go visit Prevost, spend some time around the Grand Ole Opry and maybe take the tour (Ryman, not the new one), some good places to eat downtown.

Jerry Winchester
09-13-2007, 12:03 PM
We ate at the Stock Yard Steakhouse. It was pretty good.

http://stock-yardrestaurant.com/

rfoster
09-13-2007, 01:52 PM
In you enjoy country music, definitely visit the Ryman Auditorium and the New Gran ole Opry House. Used to the tour groups would allow you to sing on stage, that way you could claim to be just like Porter Wagner and sang on the stage of the Opry with Dolly.

The Stockyard that JDUB mentioned is excellent. Old Nashville Stockyard offices turned into a Resturant. Super Steaks

Take a ride on the General Jackson Paddle Wheel Dinner/Show boat down the Cumberland River.

If you are into the night life visit Printers Alley, lots of live entertainment from club to club or at least used to be that way, been 15 years since I was there.

Lots of Historical Places to see, and Staley Coach is there along with a couple of other entertainer Coach Lots. Stay away from Vanderbilt University, they may rub off on you.

dalej
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
http://www.nashvillecoach.com/ maybe you knew about them.

truk4u
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Gary,

Nancy and I were just there over the weekend, all the places already mentioned are great. Stop by Prevost, nice folks and you might run into someone famous...

If you like music, don't miss going to the Alley downtown...;)

Jerry Winchester
09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Yep Gary, if you stop at Prevost you won't run into any PlastiKrakster bus wannabe guys. They'll all have cattle.....