PDA

View Full Version : POG Marathon Buyers

truk4u
09-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey guys, while your wheeling and dealing with Marathon, use some of that time to plug POG. I've been doing it for over a year and just can't get them to get involved, although Marathon of Texas did participate briefly at Kerrville.

They really need to know their buyers are POG members and access to this forum helped you make your decision to buy from them, even if it's not a Marathon.

wrongagain
09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
:) not a problem :)

garyde
09-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, while your wheeling and dealing with Marathon, use some of that time to plug POG. I've been doing it for over a year and just can't get them to get involved, although Marathon of Texas did participate briefly at Kerrville.

They really need to know their buyers are POG members and access to this forum helped you make your decision to buy from them, even if it's not a Marathon.

Tom, if they or their sales people are not monitoring this site, they're missing the bus.

phorner
09-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Great advice.... I've mentioned to both sales and service staff here at Marathon that I'm a member of POG and that this organization (I kinda use the term loosely) plays an important part in my decision making.

I also let it be known that the level of service delivered to customers by the various converters was a very hot topic among the group.

Hey, how about I just stay here awhile as a paid lobbyist for POG???

Might be able to make that first payment on the Liberty !!!

truk4u
09-13-2007, 08:47 AM
You can't stay long Paul, you need to be in Branson!:D

Ray Davis
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Tom, if they or their sales people are not monitoring this site, they're missing the bus.

Gary, correct me if I'm wrong, but they cannot monitor the site unless they are POG members? Or am I missing something?

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi
09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Ray all the guests on the forum are people who chose to stay anonymous for whatever reason by joining but not registering.

They can not post but they sure can monitor.

win42
09-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Mango: Your a good salesman for Branson, are we going to here your sweet tenor voice doing Danny there? Please don't leave us with JDUB without his keeper. Come one, come all, it's going to be fun and full of valuable Bus info.
Now is the time to give Jim a hands up count of POGGERS attending.

Ray Davis
09-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Ray all the guests on the forum are people who chose to stay anonymous for whatever reason by joining but not registering

Agreed, but my question (or point) is that people that are not POG members cannot read the forums as guest. Even to be a guest here, you must be a POG member first.

So, outside contacts cannot monitor this board, unless they were first granted access. Gary had suggested that outside contacts, like Marathon, were missing the bus if they weren't monitoring this site. I don't belive they can monitor the site unless they are paid POG members? I could be very wrong.

Ray

garyde
09-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Agreed, but my question (or point) is that people that are not POG members cannot read the forums as guest. Even to be a guest here, you must be a POG member first.

So, outside contacts cannot monitor this board, unless they were first granted access. Gary had suggested that outside contacts, like Marathon, were missing the bus if they weren't monitoring this site. I don't belive they can monitor the site unless they are paid POG members? I could be very wrong.

Ray

You right Ray. There are Sales people, etc. who have joined POG but keep a low profile and do not Post. If you review the member list you will notice not many people fill in their Bio.

Ray Davis
09-13-2007, 11:30 PM
So, do we know that these "lurkers" are from coach related businesses?

garyde
09-13-2007, 11:39 PM
So, do we know that these "lurkers" are from coach related businesses?

Oh Yea! It is a certainty.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Ray, I have often thought that we were like fish in a bowl being observed by the Lurkers. After all there are far more of them than active participants:eek:

For all we know there may be a whole other reason behind the formation of POG then to benefit the camper owner. It could be that someone wants to write a book about the psychology of the internet forum!!! Something like that old movie Lord of the Flies:D:D

I find it interesting how certain posts generate so much dialog and comment and others that one would think would create much activity fall flat.