PDA

View Full Version : Picture Perfect??

phorner
09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok, so I'm trying to live up to my POG obligations by posting pictures...

But, I GIVE UP!!! Been trying everything that seemed logical to attach, upload, whatever, all without success.

So, I am admitting Binary Defeat...... What's the procedure for inserting pictures (JPG format) into a post??? What am I missing ???

Thanks...

Ray Davis
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Paul,

I've posted a couple of times on this. here's a thread where we went through it for Jon (A-1).

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?p=12549&highlight=attachments+upload#post12549

Note, not mentioned there, but go to your user control panel (UserCP in menus), and make sure you have the standard editing level interface setup.

1. Click on UserCp
2. Click on Edit Options
3. Scroll to very bottom section (Miscellaneous Options)
4. Select Standard Interface
5. Click Save

Then go to link above, and see how to upload pictures.

NOTE, if you upload, but do not want text between the pictures, they will automatically be in your post without all the trouble of locating the attachmentid number. (will make sense when you read the previous post)

Ray

Ray Davis
09-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Paul,

One other thing. Make sure that you have reasonable sized pictures, probably no more than 600-800 pixels on a side. Really large images will not upload to the forum.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Everytime I try to upload a picture from one of my files I get a warning that says it can't connect to the internet or something. The picture isn't even on the internet.

phorner
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Jon, I get the same message... says I can't connect to the internet.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
I remember the good old days when I could post a picture. One picture is worth a 1000 words, but I can't prove it.

Ray Davis
09-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Testing here guys ....

OK, this seems to be working for me. Tell me EXACTLY how you're trying to upload. Which buttons did you press, and let's see if we can figure it out.

FYI, the quick explanation is:

1. Reply to post
2. Click on Manage Attachments
3. In the MA dialog, chose the upper row of buttons titled "upload from your computer".
4. Select Browse
5. Browse to directory holding your picture
6. Hit upload

It *should* be there.

Ray

ps: sorrry it wasn't a bus picture, just tried to grab something the right size quickly.

Joe Cannarozzi
09-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Since the new server, max. size I can do is about 600 by 400 pixels. So anything that I have in my files that I used to be able to just download now have to be re-sized first. Downloading is much quicker at this size though.

I did notice that the Pics. Ken and Ellen put up are thumbnails and can be enlarged MUCHO by clicking on them. Wish I new how to do that. I don't dare experiment for fear of messing something up:o

Ray is your son on the drill team?

Ray Davis
09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Joe,

Maximum size for a jpg image is 6000x6000. I tested a large image in a previous thread, and it did work for me. Note that other image types have different limits which are much smaller. Make sure your image is a .jpg or .jpeg file, and NOT a .jpe file.

If you put up a really large file AND you do not use the syntax, then you'll get the behavior mentioned for Ken and Ellen.

My son is in that picture. I'm not sure if that was taken when he was in the regular army, or if it's more recent. Right at the moment he's in his third year at West Point.

Ray

phorner
09-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I tried the steps exactly, and yet I still get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

The image was a 640 x 480 jpeg.

wrongagain
09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
there are a few good picture resizing tools.
"image resize" from microsoft for windows xp,
"irfanview" for windows vista.
dont know what system you are running but both of these are very straight forward to use.

rbeecher
09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Paul,

Why do you think I haven't posted any pictures yet? Thanks for jumping in first. Gotta love this group, where else can you get this kind of entertainment for $100 Lewbucks a year?

Richard Beecher
02 Marathon XLII this Friday
96 Vogue 40' for sale

BUSTER
09-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Richard,

When are we going to see the pics of the new Beech Bus....all these POG people getting XL2....I am getting some more stainless fever...all the best with the new coach

Jerry Winchester
09-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I have had the same issue with the internet warning, but I just changed the file name and tried again and it worked. It has something to do with the photo file extension as I uploaded 5 photos and one rejected.

lewpopp
09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Paul,

It's time the famous Spinelli took over the computer. For crying out loud, you figured out the Liberty in 2 days and you can't post a simple picture. JOIN THE CLUB.

rbeecher
09-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Richard,

When are we going to see the pics of the new Beech Bus....all these POG people getting XL2....I am getting some more stainless fever...all the best with the new coach

Hi Mike and Jean,

I know I'll be in trouble here if I don't get some pictures up but it may take me longer to figure out than learning how to operate the XLII. I'll probably have to ask Barbara to help.:p

Richard

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 12:45 AM
I tried the steps exactly, and yet I still get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

You didn't specify at which step you got this error message. There were several steps in the process.

But, I think Jerry may have hit upon a clue. Make sure the filenames have no spaces, AND end in .jpg (for jpeg files) Don't try uploading BMP or other images files. They don't get handled well in the forum software.

Ray

Joe Cannarozzi
09-12-2007, 05:46 AM
Ed have you had that 90 Marathon all along or did you just recently get it?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-12-2007, 07:15 AM
I eliminated the spaces and that didn't work. I still get the internet warning after I browse and select the file and click on the upload command.

Isn't there a simple way to do this like copy and paste?

It's easier to chase leaks in a leveling system than to post pictures.

phorner
09-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Jon, I hear ya....

MangoMike
09-12-2007, 08:53 AM
test pix

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Guys I'm at a bit of a loss, cause I'm not seeing the same error. A couple of things come to mind which could be causing this

1. Turn off pop-up blocking for this site. If you're using Internet Explorer, you can go to Tools->Popup Blocker settings. Add the domain *.prevostownersgroup.com to the list of acceptable sites.

2. This might be being blocked by virus checker/security software? Can you check your log files and see if there is a log notice of blocking website?

3. Lastly sometimes changing browsers can take care of this. I routinely use Firefox, which sometimes works better than IE. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

The images I posted earlier were from IE Version 7, however.

As we can see many of us still have no problems posting, so there is something specific with your setups which is blocking you.

Ray

Loc
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Mike,

You had to be the hit at college with the H3 - Uhaul. Did the faternity boys ask about rentals?

Jerry Winchester
09-12-2007, 01:56 PM
No, they wanted him to leave the H and the hot chicks and get on out of town.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
That pop-up blocker thing did no work either.

Could it be because my dues are $25 and everybody else's is $100?

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 02:28 PM
That pop-up blocker thing did no work either

Are you willing to install and try a different browser? I gave a link to Firefox. If that fails, then at least we rule out the browser or it's setup. If you want to email the same picture you've been trying, I can at least try to upload it, and see if it's picture related.

One by one we can rule out the issues.

Ray

phorner
09-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Tried the pop-up blocker idea.... no difference.

Down loaded, installed and tried FireFox, which I'm using for this post, but still not able to up-load a 600 x 480 jpeg file.

However, using FireFox, I didn't get an error message, just a blank window.

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Paul

Just to confirm. Do you get what Jon see's. If I read his post correctly, when you click on "Manage Attachments", do you get the blank screen then, OR is it when you click on "upload" after browsing to find a picture?

Ray

phorner
09-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Everything appears to go smoothly until I have browsed for the picture, selected it, and then click "upload". After clicking "upload", I then get a new, smaller window with the "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" message.

I'll keep on tryin'....

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow, I tried to upload your image, and it failed for me too. Looking at it now!!

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Ray,

At least I have been vidicated. If the forum master get's tripped up I don't feel so bad.

phorner
09-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Any clues as to why that picture would not be accepted?? It should be small enough and the right format. I even renamed it to something simple.

But, the up-side is, at least you get to see the bus!!

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
OK, so I have resized the photo down just a little bit. The 640x480 size would not work, so I resized it down just a bit to 600x450 and it appears to have uploaded ok.

Why? I'm not sure, the forum software is currently sent to accept much larger images, but this particular image was causing an issue. By resizing it, we've gotten around whatever the issue is.

Anyway:

Now Announcing Paul's New Bus!!!

Ain't she a beauty?!!!

Ray

phorner
09-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks, Ray!!

I'll try re-sizing some of the others and see how I make out.

Your diligence paid off!

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Paul, in several tests I've run, largest size I can send up at the moment is 600 pixels on a side.

Ray

phorner
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
So, the interior is supposed to look like this??

Ray Davis
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Woohooo! You're posting images!

MangoMike
09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Mike,

You had to be the hit at college with the H3 - Uhaul. Did the faternity boys ask about rentals?

Loc,
Forget about the Frat boys - the Dad's were displaying a serious case of Texas size envy. Especially since it was chaos in the parking lot that morning and we had rolled in midnight the night before, claiming at least 8 valueable dorm parking spots.

Ray,
Found the same problem with pix sizes larger than 600 pixels wide.

Paul,
Great looking Liberty. Boy are you going to generate some great stories with that baby. Congratulations.

Mike

rmboies
09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=MangoMike;17857]Loc,
Forget about the Frat boys - the Dad's were displaying a serious case of Texas size envy.

Mango, very cool to take your daughter to college in the H3....I remember when you took them to high school in the Liberty! I hope she has a great time at school.......

I have found that I have to downsize the pics smaller then what the specs call for. If not, I get that same Internet Cannot Display error message.

Debi

wrongagain
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
not trying to hijack the thread, just answering joe.
joe, it is new to me.
bought it from marathon from a 1 owner trade in.
it is still at marathon now getting the once over.

phorner
09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey, there were'nt even any parts left over!!

Just Plain Jeff
09-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Now that's what we call Good Stuff.

Nice coach, nice pics.

Now you need to get more tools. (Required).

Ray Davis
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Wow, that is a change from the previous picture!

lewpopp
09-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I think Paul has the tools, but if he doesn't I only reside around the corner.