PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

dalej
09-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm having a really hard time keeping up with who's got what, who's who and how long ago they had it. So I’m thinking everyone should submit their current info to me to post at the bottom of the map page.

Tuga e-mailed me a few weeks ago and thought maybe could post more info about the owners and their coaches. I said I thought on the map would be a good place but if you think of something better let me know.

What do you guys think?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Dale,

There is a need to know and understand specifics about each poster's coach and maybe how it is equipped. I think this should be in the signature line so when a question is asked or a comment made it can be addressed in the proper context. When responding to Phorner I think I was confusing his coach with an Elegant Lady and was answering in that context. I think he has a Classic.

I think it is also helpful for the responder to post his coach because it helps the person know the potential quality of the response. I wouldn't dare try to profess knowledge of a Marathon conversion and if I provide any opinions, they are just opinions that are to be taken as such.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
What would be nice Dale would be; click on the persons name at their map location and have an information pop up (or page) appear.

shookie
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
hello dale...once upon a time we were on the map...then we were erased...then on again...now erased again?....just curious....shookie

dalej
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
hey when you send the check you'll be back on.......

Jim_Scoggins
09-11-2007, 05:30 AM
I also think it should be in the signature line. Why?
When seeing a post or answering a post I would like to be able to quickly see what the bus is we are talking about.

I would not want to have to go somewhere else to find that tidbit.

Additionally, maybe we could have it in the "view profile" by clicking on the poster's name--here is where we could put an additional shopping list of those attributes that would help someone narrow their answers

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Jim, I think it should be in the signature too and it already is if pogers enter the information.

My reason for having it additionally associated with the map is for when your on the road and trying to look someone up and see who is where and with what and not necessarily for information relative to posting. When posting the information is and should be available right there with whomever you are presently corresponding. The map could have repair facilities such as the converters, Prevost service centers and favorite DD shops, etc., even secret (favorite) layover parking spots.

Google Earth has colored circles that when clicked bring up a pop-up with information and or pictures about that location. Maybe there is similar software with that capability within our budget.

dalej
09-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Shookie, I didn't mean to erase you, you'll be back on before the sun hits the horizon. I think I grabbed the wriong map at one time, the one before you were put on and updated it.

If anyone else got erased, please let me know.

ps, no checks needed, sorry Shookie

Loc
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
This is a test to see if the signature is working. This is only a test.

garylstevens
09-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Before I go in and edit or correct my POS signature line, I would like to know exactly which signature I should correct? :o

When we all got switched over to the fabulous new server, my SIGNATURE LINE got changed. :confused: Several of us got changed over to another name? :confused:

I would like to get all of my information and posts put back into my Original Line " Gary and Peggy Stevens ", if that is possible?

Jim Skiff, please advise on this.

Gary L. Stevens

Loc
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
test two1619

Loc
09-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry, but I was going through the JDUB dial in for picture posting and avatar rightsizing and vectoring.