PDA

View Full Version : POG IV SDR Meeting?

Just Plain Jeff
09-04-2007, 03:02 PM
It has been brought to my attention that there may be a need for a meeting at POG IV with those who have kept their POG SDR up to date.

If you wish to have such a gathering, please notify me in the usual fashion.

Thanks much.

dalej
09-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Jeff, what is a SDR? I don't know if I have or not! ;)

Jon Wehrenberg
09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Are you going to update the SDR with the latest? I think mine may be a little out of date because some of the information I have been getting doesn't make any sense.

Just Plain Jeff
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Of course, the original claim was that the SDR contained all the data necessary at the outset, with no updates, which of course, is the whole idea.

We have had reports very similar to yours.

Mine was exposed to some accordian music. Just a hunch here, but some of the higher-pitched reeds may have caused some oscillation problems, which would easily result in uncertain outputs.

It may well be that a quick reset may be necessary if yours has had similar environmental exposure issues.

garylstevens
09-04-2007, 08:03 PM
WHAT ? :confused: HUH ? :confused:

dalej
09-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Gary, I think we bit! lets head back to the bottom and let the water calm.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Could be they're talkin about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_radio

truk4u
09-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Jeff,

Count me in, mine has been sporadic at best and the last update didn't do anything. Seems to me the techno wizards could do better!:mad:

rfoster
09-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I turned my over to Sam (my fishing buddy) and said to hell with it.

lewpopp
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
My SDR is updated to the day. I will not attend the rally so therefore will not help you guys bring your SDR's up to snuff.

So Solly Charlie

Just Plain Jeff
09-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Roger: No wonder you have been having problems. My notes indicate that your SDR was supplied with two very large industrial-strength processors which require double support systems. That isn't something you can fool with at home.

Lew: Glad to hear that all is well with yours! I was worried that it may have been affected by your rehab, but all will be much better in Florida.

Sounds like we may not need a meeting since we're getting there right here on the board.

Jon's may not have been properly maintained due to inaccurate record-keeping and a lack of maintenance. The devil is in the details; you can't be a slacker with your SDR.

Tom: It may be that yours is not yet completely revealed as yet, so we will have to wait until POG IV to see what it looks like?

There is a promise of an updated model, but I'd stick with what we have, as the original was supposed to be the be-all and end-all. Don't you hate it when you get a promise and then they let you down?

Darned if I am going to call "Customer Service." You know where that will lead.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-05-2007, 07:02 AM
This is ball breaking that exceeds the level of that of two bricks.

Loc
09-05-2007, 08:42 AM
I have a tough time believing that Jon's SDR hasn't been maintained. It is probably even polished.

Roger, if Sam is your fishing buddy does that mean that Micki has broken your pole?

Just Plain Jeff
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a tough time believing that Jon's SDR hasn't been maintained. It is probably even polished.

Roger, if Sam is your fishing buddy does that mean that Micki has broken your pole?

There were specific instructions given at POG I that the SDR must NEVER be polished. It can be cleaned up with very tender care, but the heat build-up can damage very delicate equipment.

It's possible that the double processor could result in a broken pole, which may be a plus or a minus. (Which incidentally, has become a repair-able condition in isolated cases). That is an individual situation. In Mr. Foster's case, he would have to speak for himself.

dalej
09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Jeff, you have a good way of making people that didn't get to attend the first POG rally feel their outside the loop. Was there a sharing of blood or an oath taken?

It might be just me.

Just Plain Jeff
09-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Was there a sharing of blood or an oath taken?

It might be just me.

Y'know, darn it, we hadn't considered that before! Shoot.

Oh well, guess the folks at POG IV will find out in the flesh.

That is, unless resinmobileman melts on the way to Branson?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Dale,

First of all, how have you let yourself get sucked in by a guy that not only doesn't have a bus, it is probable he doesn't even have all his fingers by now?

This isn't a POG I thing. This in fact may have it origins back on the "stuff" site. There were some folks way back when that needed an attitude adjustment and the SDR was employed to accomplish that.

If you check you member packets you will find yours. Everybody that sent in their $50 membership fee got one.

dalej
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I must have gotten on the wrong bus and headed down the wrong road. ;) What packet and wasn't it $100?

Just Plain Jeff
09-05-2007, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Jon Wehrenberg;17494]
by a guy that not only doesn't have a bus.QUOTE]

And you know this...how?

(A later edit: The packet also contained the POG special GOOGLECODE)

hhoppe
09-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I can't believe I read this crap. And further can't believe it is written on this otherwise valuable forum. Postman get a life or at least some toys to play with.

MangoMike
09-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Harry,

Sometimes when life gets a little too serious we all need are SDR's to bring us back to ground zero. We can't be too overloaded with "valuable" information all the time. ;)

mm

Jerry Winchester
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
JPJ stands for "Just Plane Jerkin" you around.

Just Plain Jeff
09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Ah yes...no bait needed for Okie Noodling!

http://okelleyfamily.com/catfishnoodlinginformation/images/noodler_patokelleylthumb.jpg

rfoster
09-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Loc: Pole aint broke, its just fine, but fishing is about over. Its this SDR crap that keeps coming around that gets in my shorts. You can't just fix it anywhere, like JPJ says - it can't be done at the house. Too dangerous.

truk4u
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Don't you worry there Woodwacker, the resinmobile will be at Branson and standing tall! May even have a For Sale sign in case Chalupa shows up!:D C'mon Jim, get the heat off me for a little while, I can get you in the drivers seat in a heart beat and at least you would be a step ahead of this Woodwacky guy from Lobsterville...:p