PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Las Cruces, NM

Steve Cooper
03-28-2006, 09:57 AM
On the way out to Las Vegas we stopped in the Super WalMart in Las Cruces to spend the night. As soon as we stopped over came the security guard in her truck and, with a big smile, asked if we were spending the night or shopping. After I told her we'd like to spend the night she told me Oh, then you don't want to park here. It's too loud because we park the trucks here. Follow me to the area for RV's". So we followed her to the other side of the lot and she helped us into a spot and even asked a guy with a trailer to move up so we would fit. She could not have been more hospitable and I told her so. Even went inside and bought a few groceries, just for the hell of it.
If you head out that way, this is a safe spot for overnight.

Jerry Winchester
03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Steve,

I recently ran into this problem in Texarkana as we parked overnight at WalMart and around 4am the milk trucks and such started to arrive and park near us with the reefers running. We would have been better off parking on the other side, but there were already some RV's on the side where we parked and we wanted to be as "out of the way" as we could get.

Wish we would have had your luck or spoken to someone there. We also always buy stuff from them when we park, which is not often but usually one night in 10 or 15 days.

pognumber26
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
One of the areas we park in at Camp Walmart is the automotive/garage area...Usually this area is closed or winding down by 6/7pm and is often located at the opposite end of the overnight delivery area...There is also a good campground just across Rte 10 from the Las Cruces super center...

MIsheeTX
01-23-2023, 07:29 AM
Try the scenic look-out rest stop right outside the west side of Las Cruces. Doesn't get any better.

MIsheeTX
02-19-2023, 07:55 PM
Cracker Barrel in Texakana is the best stop for an overnight in the Prevost. They will let you straddle the back parking or the side lanes.