PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Interesting Millineum XLII

GDeen
08-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Over on Staley Coach. Has one feature that I like about the "star" coaches which is the bunks - in this case 3 which is perfect for us. Our little girl will travel extensively and the boys, who are older more sporatic. We will also have a friend of hers along some also. With any or all of them, that gives the kids some private sleeping without having them spread out all over pull out sofas in the front salon area. I does take up space which looks like it makes the bathroom a little smaller possibly with shortening the rear bedroom.

Pretty nice looking coach with the only thing I can see lacking is the OTR a/c. I haven't seen many 04's with 2 slides at $575k either. Comments?

http://www.staleycoach.com

Jon Wehrenberg
08-27-2007, 06:59 AM
That is a fine looking coach.

What you have found is a motorhome conversion with bunks, not to be confused with a conversion done on an entertainer chassis. If that coach is what you are looking for you may wish to talk to Millenniium to get answers to your questions such as the one about the air conditioning.

rmboies
08-27-2007, 08:22 AM
That is a fine looking coach.
What you have found is a motorhome conversion with bunks, not to be confused with a conversion done on an entertainer chassis. If that coach is what you are looking for you may wish to talk to Millenniium to get answers to your questions such as the one about the air conditioning.

Jon and others will advise you about the mechanical parts:D I would also ask about closet/storage space. The front design of this coach is exactly like ours and the bunks are where the closets should be. They have a small closet in the rear but I don't see any others? There are no additional cabinets above the eating area either though they could be installed if you desire. Women think of these things:rolleyes:

I would also suggest asking about sinks and their sizes. They have started putting larger sinks in the private toilet area from what Meg has told me. Too bad she is no longer at Millennium--she would likely be able to tell you all about this coach.......Love the paint schematic!!

Debi

Loc
08-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Its part of a bankruptcy. Overall it looks to be in good condition, but the dash AC compressor is shot and the auxillary belt driven generator (like the Country Coach set up) is inoperable. One of the docking lights is broken and there are a few cosmetic issues, but nothing big according to one person who has seen the bus. It also has new batteries. As I understand, any offer has to be approved by the bankruptcy court. I don't know how much the coach has been used in the last year which concerns me a little.

GDeen
08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks Debi - I think that helps answer my question about what type of real estate was traded for the bunks and it sounds like closet space.

Wow Loc - talk about specific answers on a specific coach - thanks for the info.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Gordon,

Deb brings up some information that you as a prospective buyer should know intuitively. I'm not picking on you but pointing out that even the best of coaches is a compromise.

Every single one of us at one point or the other has wished for a bigger bedroom, bath, kitchen or living room, and all of us want more closet or storage space. Whenever I hear someone seeking a coach with bunks I automatically assume that the buyer knows that to get bunks, whatever is ordinarily in the space the bunks occupy is not going to be there. That is a lot of real estate.

If you have not done so you need to physically get to see as many coaches as possible, and to define your needs after you have a better understanding of coaches. Many folks prefer to use the sofas and the LR floor or the dinette for sleeping accomodations for kids, so the coach has ample space for closets and storage. There is a reason why bunk coaches are hard to find.

As to Loc's comments about repairs, there are a couple of issues for you to consider. My first reaction was that is a fairly new coach to have the reapirs he listed as necessary. That took me by surprise. The second is what else is wrong that is not yet apparent.

Everything can be fixed and those things do not sound particularly expensive relative to the cost of the coach, but before I gave the coach much more thought I would want to know more of its history and its condition.

Jerry Winchester
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Gordon,

Loc also forgot to mention that the front tires are about 10 psi low on air, the washer fluid reservoir is a little low and one of the valve stem caps is missing.

Also, the world's largest Beagle dog gives it two paws up.

Loc
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Gordon,

If you go to the Millennium Coach website at www.millenniumluxurycoaches.com you can see a replica of the floorplan for that bus. Click on the floorplan on the left hand side of the home page and then select seating option 2 and you will have the floorplan without the bunks. The bunks were supposedly put in place by Buddy Gregg by removing the washer and dryer and the closets on the curbside.

Loc

MangoMike
08-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Gordon,

We traveled with 3 girls (15, 13 and 9) on our 5 week sojourn in the '97 Liberty. One girl per couch and one on the floor on an air mattress. It sounds a little crowded and when they are sleeping it's very hard to get out of the bus without stepping on someone. However, once we got into a routine of where the couch pillows went, storing the blankets and pillows etc, life was good. It just took a little logistics planning and making sure everyone did their setup/cleanup job. I would rather add this little bit of hassel to get the kids on board then, as Jon said, give up some serious real estate for the bunks.

Kevion Erion may have an alternate view.

The Prevost Mantra - "The bigger they are, the more they cost, the less they sleep."

Mike

GDeen
08-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the responses...I am certainly learning a lot.

Jon, you are correct in that I have never been in a coach with bunks and wasn't sure what was given up to make room. Debi confirmed closets which makes it not such a good plan. Sounds like a good idea conceptually but not so good practically. I appreciate your advice and input.

Mike, it is good to know your clan survived sleeping on sofas for several weeks without tragic consequences - surely we can do the same.

As to the Beagle and his two paws up, my Bulldog Sue (he is in fact a boy named Sue) can't wait to meet him.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-27-2007, 06:23 PM
You could take the bottom bunk or whatever one you choose and turn it back into cabinets/drawers. Add built it drawers in the wings of the walk in closet, some help from a good closet organizer.

I'm sure if you like that bus enough and you look hard enough you will find somewhere, a good spot, to add storage and in keeping with the existing decor.

I know it is just another compromise but that is a situation that will almost NEVER go away.

I like the rear bedroom +bunks in the isle floor plan. Seems like there isn't too many of them yet many who would desire that convenience.

Debi. A small closet in the rear? You could turn that into another bedroom:rolleyes: I know I know

jack14r
08-27-2007, 06:37 PM
As I was told a while ago about Prevost,6 can drink,4 can eat,2 can sleep

rmboies
08-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the responses...
As to the Beagle and his two paws up, my Bulldog Sue (he is in fact a boy named Sue) can't wait to meet him.

Oh my gosh, is he cute or what?? Between Casey, Churchill and the boy named Sue we are over run with boy dogs....Guess I will just have to post a pic of our three girls for your handsome guys to drool over:D

Gordon and Jenny,

Bob/03 would like me to inform you that if you like Millennium conversions, we have one he would consider selling......It has plenty of closet space;) and our large sofa already converts to another big bed with the push of a button. I can just see Fast Roger hiding this post from Micki!! That Bob, always selling everything, what's a wife to do??

merle&louise
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey Debi,

Do you realize that if Bob buys another Prevost (which is entirely possible) before he sells Gordon the Millenium he will be in the Three-Fer-Club:D
Beat that PP:D:D:D

rmboies
08-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey Debi,
Do you realize that if Bob buys another Prevost (which is entirely possible) before he sells Gordon the Millenium he will be in the Three-Fer-Club:D
Beat that PP

Tuga, not to worry, that won't happen!!! The wife does have some input you know:D

Joe, turning the little closet into a bedroom could happen if your kids are short<g>

As promised, here are the pics of our "girl pups" just to keep this an equal opportunity forum-ha~!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess from the number of dog lovers in this group that we won't be inviting Michael Vick to give a speech at any of our rallies?

Jerry Winchester
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Someone said he got a new shoe contract today; with Hush Puppy........

No, this is the dog Loc started with

jack14r
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Debi,My 3 gated mare won the championship at Louvisville.Jack,no dogs here only horses.

lewpopp
08-27-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm sure you know that Michael Vick "axed" for forgiveness. Where'd that come from, Texas?

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Debi,My 3 gated mare won the championship at Louvisville.Jack,no dogs here only horses.

We like horse pictures too Jack. Put some up!!

rmboies
08-28-2007, 08:07 AM

WOOHOO Jack, that's fabulous! I looked at the pics on Howie Schatzberg's photography site--was your horse in the three gaited Ladies or Open class? Either way the horse is gorgeous and if it was the Ladies class, so is your wife:D I feel the thread police lurking so I will add that a matching horse trailer would look great behind this Millennium that is offered for sale!

jack14r
08-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Debi,Mary Orr rode our horse"OUR CHARMING LADY" in the ladies 3 gated,my wife rode "RIVA DIVA" in the adult country pleasure and she was second in the qualifier but she almost ran over the one of the judges in the championship.