PDA

View Full Version : Battery light/Mountains/Wireless headphones

ajhaig
08-25-2007, 08:24 PM
We made it home from picking up the coach, the coach preformed well on the trip. I have a few questions and would be interested in getting the insight of this group.

1. After running for a while and then coming to a stop the battery light on the dashboard goes on... and then goes off once under way again.

2. We went through the Adirondack and Berkshire mountains which entailed a lot of downshifting and steep climbs... does that effect fuel mileage?

Many thanks.

AJ

P.S. I had the new Alpine head unit that was designed to work with the Apple iPod installed on the bus... I spend days downloading nearly 3,000 songs on to my iPod. We listened to the Little Mermaid, Charlotte's Web, Toy Story, Stuart Little etc. the whole way... Got to get the wireless headphones for the kids! Any ideas?

Joe Cannarozzi
08-25-2007, 08:55 PM
The alternator is gear driven on an 8-V, unless Marathon adds or changes something. So it is not like the belt is slipping. If just at idle IMHO its something to definitely have checked but not something to be overly concerned about now. Check bat. connections. Normal voltage at the dash is 27+ running. I'm pretty sure that there is an adjustable voltage reg.,maybe it is as simple as that, we have never had to mess with ours. It is located on the wall just forward of the start batteries.

The hills definitely hurt the mileage.

My father subjected me to big band, swing and classical stuff constantly. At the time I could not stand it but grew to appreciate and looking back I love him for that. I've never had any of my own so what the heck do I know:rolleyes: