PDA

View Full Version : Potential Rally Site - Spearfish, SD

truk4u
08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
During Sturgis we stayed at Elkhorn Ridge Resort in Spearfish with Bill and Jody. Dale and Jan also came by for one night and maybe you guys can jump in here. This would make a great place for our national rally. The best time would be September or early summer. The things to see and do in that part of the country are endless. Mt. Rushmore, Custer Park, Devils Tower and on and on..

This place is first class and can accommodate any size Prevost with trailers. I met with the Manager and discussed the possibility of a rally with POG. The entire place is paved, great 50 amp, Wi-Fi and the pads are concrete with 3 different dump positions. They have about 187 sites on 75 acres. They are going to build a meeting facility, but in the mean time, they have a large commercial size tent for any group needs. There is no kitchen facilities, it would have to all be catered. Featherlite was on-site during Bike Week and was using the tent.

Just thought I would throw it out there with a couple of pictures...

Wild Bill and Ms. Jody

BrianE
08-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds like a great spot Tom. Beverly and I are leaving on a loop tour in Sept. and we'll include Spearfish on the trip. Northern plains states are a good choice in the fall.

bill&jody
08-29-2007, 01:11 PM
it really was a great place - very clean and the staff seemed to really enjoy their jobs (like kerrville). beautiful area, lots of things to see within an hour or so ride . . . the pool area was a great party spot. the shortest sites were 70 feet to the apron. and as you can see with all the feather people- plenty of room for the longest rig.
i vote yes, but not in the 97+ degree weather.
jody

VegasDogMan
08-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I was there last summer. Nice place - just a short hop to Deadwood.
WalMart just down the road too!

I would suggest rally there AFTER TOURIST SEASON.