PDA

View Full Version : Places to stop in Northeast?

Ray Davis
08-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Kathy and I have decided to take a cross country trip to West Point to see our son in the bus. We're going to stop at Branson on Sunday/Monday at the start of POG4, but will be continuing on on Tuesday AM. We need to be at West Point by Friday.

We'll be leaving WP on Sunday afternoon, and are interested in places to stay between WP New York, and Nashville TN. We wanted to go a bit southern before cutting over to Nashville, where we are scheduled to meet some friends for a couple of days.

If anyone has some nice places to stay from NY down to TN, we'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ray

rmboies
08-23-2007, 08:30 AM
We'll be leaving WP on Sunday afternoon, and are interested in places to stay between WP New York, and Nashville TN. We wanted to go a bit southern before cutting over to Nashville, where we are scheduled to meet some friends for a couple of days.
Thanks,
Ray

Ray, how "southern" are you looking to go before heading to Nashville and what dates do you estimate you will be in the south? I ask because everyone's idea of what is "south" can be different:D

Debi

MangoMike
08-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Satellite boy,

Why don't you post a route map.

Mke

wrongagain
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
northeast,...
northeast is the boston area.
if you come up this far you are going to need this link.:rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

http://www.boston-online.com/glossary.html

Jon Wehrenberg
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Ray,

As you leave WP you will likely find your way to I84, then to I81, to I40 into Nashville. You will be very close to the peak season for the changing of the colors in the trees in NY and PA. Around the 10th of October is the peak colors depending on the summer rains and when the first frosts hit.

If you have never been in the east you will see some beautiful scenery along that route. If you can take the time there is one site I would recommend you make every effort to see. Divert to Ashville NC and visit the Biltmore Estate. I'll let others agree or disagree, but in my opinion it is so spectacular that you should take the time to see it.

If you can take the time take the behind the scenes tour as well as the house tour.

The Biltmore is bus friendly in that you can park at the gardens, the house parking lots, and the remotely located restaurant and winery.

Ray Davis
08-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Plan was to head "somewhat" south, over to approximately Raleigh, and then head west into Nashville area. however, I'm somewhat flexible. Mainly I'm looking for reasonable RV park between West Point, NY and Nashville along that basic route. I leave WP Sunday afternoon, and the goal is to be in Nashville on Wednesday. I was planning on stopping one night at the location of the POG eastern rally, since it seemed to be enroute.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
08-24-2007, 07:37 AM
In that case be sure to see the Biltmore. As to campgrounds I used to use Woodalls and others like it, but now I just go on line and noodle around printing out several options. When enroute from point A to B we usually do not stop in campgrounds but get our beauty rest in rest areas or Cracker Barrel parking lots.