PDA

View Full Version : Flagstaff AZ campground?

jello_jeep
08-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Anyone have any positive reccomendations for a park in Flagstaff? :confused::confused:

garylstevens
08-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone have any positive reccomendations for a park in Flagstaff? :confused::confused:

We stayed in Black Barts RV Campground a couple of years ago. 2760 East Butler Ave. Flagstaff, Arizona 86004 (928) 774-1912 NO web site for this place, but it is mentioned in most publications, or just do a general search.

The campground was S***, dirt mostly, not level, and so on, but the Black Barts steakhouse is famous and well worth staying just for one night, but leave the next day and stay somewhere nice for the rest of the trip.

The BB steakhouse has fantastic food, and singing waiters and waitress's, but get there early, cause there is usually a line out the door, every night.

Gary S

rfoster
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
:cool:Try Railside in Williams Arizona. Nice folks, gravel lots, clean, well orgainized, staging ground for the Grand Canyon Railroad.

merle&louise
08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
JJ,

We stayed at J & H RV park in Flagstaff in June 2001; it was very nice. If I remember correctly it had high hedges separating the sites. The sites were gravel but the 50 amp service was good. It had a bunch of corny little signs in the office explaining the rules of the park. It was done in a funny sort of way. It's a good overnight spot.

928 526-1829 or jhrvpark@aol.com for reservations. It is rated 5 stars by Woodall's and we all know what that means!:D

Jerry Winchester
08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
I couldn't find a place I liked in Flagstaff, so I did like Roger and stayed at the Railside in Williams. More fun and no traffic.

jello_jeep
08-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the input..

Much appreciated!!

I am up in Big Bear CA at the moment, experienced one of the greatest swings in temp for a short period of time..

Was down in Big Bear City, it was 62 and raining hard... inside of a half an hour, drove uphill towards a fire lookout to check things out at about 8500 ft, and it was 105!

Felt like being heat treated!!!

Sheesh!

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-18-2007, 07:56 AM
WOW Warren, kinda like quenched and tempered:D:D