PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Battery Bay Drawers

truk4u
03-22-2006, 08:00 AM
OK all you Marathon experts, I need to remove the two drawers above the house battery enclosure, 1st bay on the passengers side. I can't seem to find any type of release on the rails. Maybe I haven't had enough Mango Juice.:mad:

Kevin Erion
03-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Tom, My 99 has no drawers in any of the bays, sorry cant help.
Kevin

MangoMike
03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Tom,
If they're like the ones on the Liberty it took me a while to figure it out. In fact I finally unscrewed the side of the drawer mechanism and pulled it off for closer examination. I'm going to try to post a pix of my approach after I head down to the bus barn today.

Mike

Kevin Erion
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I need to install a trailer brake control, has anyone used the air operated control. I found 2 brands and I wonder if it is worth the trouble to do this vs the all electronic ones? Any opinions are welcome.
Kevin

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Kevin,

Our coach has the electric one that uses the accelerometers and it works very well and is easily adjustable. The only other controllers I have any experience with are vacuum / hydraulic and they are a pain in the Mango.

I also have the electric one in several vehicles and the newer ones are way better than those that came out 8 years ago. No adjustments, just plug in, set the gain and tow away.

MangoMike
03-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Tom,

Description of my drawer release at:

www.prevoman.com

Paininthemango

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2006, 09:23 PM
What, you don't own a pair of pliars? I wanted to see the stinking thing removed, not toyed with. Geeze, Jon would have had schematics, time lapsed photos, tool descriptions, metallurgy and replacement part numbers.

For a protoge, you are a paininthemango. :eek:

And then how about going and adding some description to that new photo in the blog? Where is Lew when you need him?

truk4u
03-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks Mango Man, I'm on it like a big dog... Hope mine are the same, feel like a dork not being able to get the freekin drawers off.. No, No, not those kind of drawers!:p

I just want to impress Jon by getting in the battery compartment so I can hug them and ask the Lifeline God's to give me just a few more years.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-24-2006, 08:28 AM
"What, you don't own a pair of pliars?"

I don't even own a pair of "pliars". I have some "vice" grips, some "chanel" locks, even a pair of "dykes". I did have a pair of "plyers", but traded them for pliers.

One thing is for sure. The POG rally will not be a meeting of the "minds".:D

Kevin Erion
03-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Jerry, Thanks for the advise, hows the interior coming along. we need a POG rally on the west cost some day.
Kevin

MangoMike
03-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Boy, if we're going to pick on speling, we're all in trouble. :)

Mangu

Jerry Winchester
03-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Kevin,

I agree with you on the west coast thing. As you can see, these east coast spelling nazis are wearing me out and being the token guy from fly over country and a simple oil field hand, I get nary a break.

As I have a couple of days at Outdoor Resorts in Lost Wages set into my schedule as a part of the Yellowstone / Grand Canyon loop, maybe we need to have a mini rally there and see if your kids are as evil as my kids? With that many girls, surely we can just get a kitchen pass and go golfing or something? We can get Jon to fly his cargo plane out to deliver the AMD (Anal Message of the Day), we can pay him off with spare parts and it will be game on. I don't think the authorities let Mike past the Mississippi. And Ken has that house arrest leg thing to deal with.....

The interior is about ready to begin the install process. I am trying to find a suitable wall paper dude or dudette to get that done, but we ordered the new light fixtures last week and all other relative decisions are made. My wife would still be deciding, but I told her it didn't take me all day to look at an anvil and we should just pick and get on about it. ;)

Kevin Erion
03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Jerry, Give me the dates for OTR in Vegas and I will see if we can hook up. We are going to OUR in Temecula for a couple of days on 4/1 . The kids have spring break and I need to try out the new sleeping arrangement before the long trips this summer. I guess that you have 3 girls, I have 3 girls and I think Mango Mike has 3, wow what fun (or trouble) we could have if we all end up together someplace.
Kevin

Jerry Winchester
03-26-2006, 06:08 PM
Kevin,

We are there June 3, 4 & 5 before we head to the Grand Canyon. Is there some critial mass of girls that gets you a lifetime kitchen pass?