PDA

View Full Version : Waste Disposal

Joe Cannarozzi
08-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Here is an interesting read for the bathroom, no pun intended.

http://www.henry-davis.com/GMC/thermasan.htm

Jon Wehrenberg
08-12-2007, 06:53 AM
The Dave Matthews band employs a faster method.

Back in the old days....just after JPJ was born.....it was common practice for the railroads to let the toilet waste dump right to the ground while the train was moving. Anyone walking the tracks would see pieces of toilet paper all along the RR right of way.

When people tend to tailgate me I often wish for a return of those days.

dalej
08-12-2007, 07:42 AM
So why do you think some people tailgate anyway, do they have comfort in following a big rig, since it can't slam on it's brakes. They can just follow close and not think about their driving.

For some reason, I just hate long term tailgaters and try to loose them.

Sorry Joe for the thread creep!

Jim_Scoggins
08-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Just to add a degree of comfort to all:

I don't know too much about the arrangement in most civilian aircraft but all the military aircraft I flew had a relief tube.

I made the point of using it when passing over Washington, DC.

Don't look up:D

matsprt
08-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Dale

Commercial method for tailgating behavior modification:

Put the right side of truck/bus in the shoulder marbles. They back off real quick.

Michael
(also sorry for thread creep)

So why do you think some people tailgate anyway, do they have comfort in following a big rig, since it can't slam on it's brakes. They can just follow close and not think about their driving.

For some reason, I just hate long term tailgaters and try to loose them.

Sorry Joe for the thread creep!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I found that for the chronic tailgater that they have gone into brain fade, or they are on the cell phone, so to wake them up and encourage them to go around I just turn on the RH turn signal. They just assume I will be slowing down to get off the highway or I am going to pull on the shoulder.

They usually wake up and go around. Because anyone that tends to do that for a long time has an IQ somewhat lower than room temperature I generally wait until there is no traffic along side of them so they can easily pull around without thinking. Wouldn't want them to hurt themselves.

At 62.4 mph I get to do this a lot.

When I drive with fast Roger it is not necessary.

hhoppe
08-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Do I have to explain another old time legend: If you pull up close enough to the back of a Greyhound Bus going at a fast rate of speed, You can put your vehicle in neutral take your hands off the wheel and be sucked along by it's vacume.
I woul like to volunteer Dale on his Harley to check this theory out.
Why do Lew and I have to explain these facts known to us for generations to you youngsters. Just because it ain't on TV, it doesn't mean it's not true.

VegasDogMan
08-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Wife's favorite bumper sticker is..."Don't tailgate or I'll Flush!"

I've been tempted to use the Macerator Switch on several occasions but my Toad being behind me prevents such fun.

lewpopp
08-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Mr Hoppe

What happened to the Winchester gun name you used. Were you being confused with the JDUB man?

Where is your sigature? This isn't SOP, but as long as the other hot shots do it, it must be right. I think I read that in Theology 101 a hundred years ago.

Mr Lewster.

Just Plain Jeff
08-13-2007, 07:31 AM
The Dave Matthews band employs a faster method.

Back in the old days....just after JPJ was born.....it was common practice for the railroads to let the toilet waste dump right to the ground while the train was moving. Anyone walking the tracks would see pieces of toilet paper all along the RR right of way.

When people tend to tailgate me I often wish for a return of those days.

Jon is thinking of my grandfather, with whom he used to hang out in the old days. They used to walk along the tracks to find coal along the rails to use to heat their grease pits. That was before they had vehicle lifts in shops.

hhoppe
08-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Lew: I guess my win42 name was left behind in the latest POG upgrade. They don't have a space in the new venue to put it back. :confused:

Oh well Truk's trick to get us quickly logged on works great. Loose some gain some. How are you feeling? in one word.

lewpopp
08-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Harry, I'm having a hell of a time coming back from this one. I need to push myself more. I have a lazy streak in me since the past year because of the ticker.

A couple of adjustments in my medicine have been made today and I feel a difference already. That's in a word.

hhoppe
08-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Lew: All my friends that went through the same thing all went into therapy classes. The exercise really helped them get their strength back, and they kept going three days a week and most are still going there. Some of the wives joined them in the therapy. Keep pushing you have a great life ahead of you. Diet means a lot also, let those therapists guide you in that area.
Harry

gmcbuffalo
08-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Lew
Harry is right most heart centers have Open Heart" clubs where you can get professional and Peer help. It's like POG except no computer needed. Ask you Nurse case manager about it or one of your surgeons assitants.
GregM

Ray Davis
08-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Lew, you can do it! I had a 5-way bypass at age 49 (yep, that young). I find I need to keep exercising, but find excuses. But, I think this will help me get back on my program too!

I'll be walking/exercising on the opposite coast with you!! :D

Ray

merle&louise
08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Lew,

Walking is the key. I started walking every night for 30 minutes to help keep my blood sugar down (I have diabetes). If you can make yourself do it; the rewards are great; you'll feel good, lose weight, and your heart will love you for it.

You're the man:D

lewpopp
08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Physical Therapy. I am presently in Watkins Glen and they are lucky to have garbage pick up. I thought I would throw that in because we are under the subject title of waste disposal. Maybe that's why you're spending time with me.

Ray, I think I have one up on you. I had my first episode with by-pass when I was 46. This my second time around and that doesn't mean it is any easier. 25 years on the first triple ain't bad. I took pretty good care of myself until my siatic nerve kept me from walking regularly.

I have a home health care nurse coming Thursday to take my vitals and I'll ask her if they have a place that I can work out under supervision. I have the very best insurance you know, thanks to Medicare.

Thanks again guys.

mike kerley
08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Lew,

I'll slip over to ODR in PSL and take the wheels off of your golf cart. That way you'll have to walk to cocktail hour. Just kidding, I know its the free peanuts you like.;)

Keep at it old timer. We look forward to your return to Floridaahhhh!

Mike and Karen

Ray Davis
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Lew,

Wow, you're the first I've ever known who beat me!! 46! yikes. Well, if walking will help give me another 20 out of my bypass, then I'm going to get started a little more regularly!

Thanks for the info, it's going to be the push I needed!

ray